omad Keto cheat day?

The main thing that makes me anxious about this keto eating regimen is if you're doing extremely well, at that point one day you choose to have a cheat day and eat a couple of cuts of burger, will it be extremely agonizing to process? Will a carb over-burden when you're not accustomed to it truly thump you out?

I don't think it will be that much of a problem especially if you plan on doing cheat days once a week which is what is most commonly done, but everyone's body is different so maybe that is the case for you. Either way, I think testing these things out is the best way to go to find out for yourself and I don't think it will hurt though honestly I've never tried it out myself so maybe I'm wrong.

In my experience, I feel like there isn't any harm. The tricky part and the key point in putting this little burger bites id resolution. I keep telling myself that I am just eating these kinds of food because it is my cheat day. And it works. Having a cheat day is healthy as long it is beneficial to your resolution. It is important that you show yourself that you are not being cruel to yourself that is why you are on a diet. Diet is not a punishment. Now it has become more of a reward day than a cheat day.

My advice would be not to make your cheat day to be running in repeatedly week in and week out. With going this way, it's definitely going to ruin your diet plan.

Keep your cheat day off at the barest minimum and I'm sure that everything would be alright with your overall health.

The main thing that makes me anxious about this keto eating regimen is if you're doing extremely well, at that point one day you choose to have a cheat day and eat a couple of cuts of burger, will it be extremely agonizing to process? Will a carb over-burden when you're not accustomed to it truly thump you out?

I am not sure what you are asking here, @anyone01 . When you say “burger”, do you mean hamburger ? That is meat and not carbs, so there is no problem at all with eating burgers and staying on a keto diet. If you are referring to having a sandwich made with hamburger and bread or hamburger buns, then it is the bread that is where the carbs come from.
When you are not eating many carbs, and the ones you are eating come from vegetables, which digest slowly, then your body can burn your body fat as a fuel, but when you eat sweets or starches, then your body burns sugar and not body fat.
When you do this, then you simply go back to eating low carb again, and your body will re-adjust to burning fat once the sugar has been burned and is out of your system.

Maybe it depends on how many days you are going to have cheat days. I think having once a week of your cheat day will not affect that much or it's not much of a problem. We also needs some carbs in our body. And you have to eat what you want tok once in a while. I think giving in your cheat day is not too much. I dont do Ketogenic diet. I do just Omad. But I also have cheat day. That is every sunday. Though I'm not into keto, I also don't eat lots of carbs in Omad.

You can have cheat day but that doesn't mean that you will lose all your control on the foods you would eat. You still have to control your intake as it may put your stomach into a shock because you did something that you adjusted before. Also, have your cheat day on a regular schedule basis so that your body could adjust into it.

I
My advice would be not to make your cheat day to be running in repeatedly week in and week out. With going this way, it's definitely going to ruin your diet plan.

Keep your cheat day off at the barest minimum and I'm sure that everything would be alright with your overall health.
I thought it is prudent just to keep to keto. What are the benefits of cheat days? When I combined keto with OMAD, I actually knew what I wanted. Now am getting it then why the cheay days? They may drive me back where I came from.

I kind of agree with you. Once you get back to carbs, if you're undisciplined when it comes to eating you will eat them a lot and you can easily get out of ketosis. But if you can control yourself, eat a few burgers!

I kind of agree with you. Once you get back to carbs, if you're undisciplined when it comes to eating you will eat them a lot and you can easily get out of ketosis. But if you can control yourself, eat a few burgers!

The truth of the matter is that our body seems to get addicted quickly to sweet things and feeding too often if it's subjected to that feeding habit. This is the reason why I would advise you not to make it a constant habit when it comes to your cheat day because you are more likely going to be carried away.

You can have cheat day but that doesn't mean that you will lose all your control on the foods you would eat. You still have to control your intake as it may put your stomach into a shock because you did something that you adjusted before. Also, have your cheat day on a regular schedule basis so that your body could adjust into it.

Discipline is key when we are talking about any diet plan. I mean that one has got to believe that they can do it and work towards making things happen as well. While trying to take a day off the diet, it is necessary to control what we eat as well.

Discipline is key when we are talking about any diet plan. I mean that one has got to believe that they can do it and work towards making things happen as well. While trying to take a day off the diet, it is necessary to control what we eat as well.

Discipline and control are the two major qualities anyone who wishes to take part in OMAD must have in order to have a breakthrough in his or her dieting. If you simply can't control what you eat and when you eat, it's definitely going to be impossible to participate in OMAD.

I combine low carb with One Meal a day. I go into ketosis because of this combination.I agree that when you have a cheat day which I do on Sunday every week, when I get back on my diet/eating plan the symptoms are agonizing. I have a headache, I sneeze, I feel horrible for at least a day(mainly the second day) when I get back to this way of eating. I'll be on OMAD until I loose all my weight, after that I plan to live on Keto full time with cheat days every few months. This is very feasible, on keto you can make your own bread from coconut/almond flour and have a burger. I know someone who has been on keto for 10 years. They just turned 50 and they look amazing.

There are other reasons why I wouldn’t do cheat days while on keto.

The issue is that getting your body into a state of ketosis isn’t the easiest task, especially depending on your particular metabolism. It can take anywhere between a week to an entire month before your body enters ketosis. If you decide to have a cheat day and eat some carbs, you run the risk of throwing your body out of ketosis and messing up all your progress.

Not to mention, yes, you’re going to feel like absolute crud trying to digest the carbohydrates. You can’t really treat keto the way you would a standard low-calorie diet.

I always tell people to not count calories the 1st week or 2. Stay under on carbs. Let your body first get used to the transition of no/low carb, then work on portions. Eating plenty of fat will help keep you satisfied and make the cutting back on calories easier.