Calorie Tracker Apps on Omad

Hi Cody and welcome. I love the fact that you can scan bar codes and the app will import the info. I really love how it monitors your weekly macros and detects trends in your eating patterns. I have the free version and I started using it when I was trying to do the 5-6 small meals a day thing and track macros to the point of nausea lol..Now I only use it when I want to have an idea of how many calories I’ve consumed for my omad and correlate that to any fluctuations in weight the following day.
To be honest I think there are a lot of effective calorie counters available

Hi Cody and welcome. I love the fact that you can scan bar codes and the app will import the info. I really love how it monitors your weekly macros and detects trends in your eating patterns. I have the free version and I started using it when I was trying to do the 5-6 small meals a day thing and track macros to the point of nausea lol..Now I only use it when I want to have an idea of how many calories I’ve consumed for my omad and correlate that to any fluctuations in weight the following day.
To be honest I think there are a lot of effective calorie counters available

I like that idea of the barcode scanning as that can save a lot of time. That really sounds convenient and something I would be interested in. I'm gonna definitely check it out. I may play around with a few others for awhile until I find one that I like the most too.

I have used both the my fitness pal app and the cronometer app. Both are good, but I prefer the cronometer because I'm trying to focus on my micro-nutrients too and that app/site tracks them. Just download a few and try them out. It really will come down to personal preference, but those are the 2 I would recommend.

I have used both the my fitness pal app and the cronometer app. Both are good, but I prefer the cronometer because I'm trying to focus on my micro-nutrients too and that app/site tracks them. Just download a few and try them out. It really will come down to personal preference, but those are the 2 I would recommend.

This is interesting. I've used my fitness pal. I thought it was ok. But I will have to try the cronometer app. Thanks agathist.

You're welcome. Did you try it out? I actually went back to mfp, haha. I was obsessing too much about trying to get all of my micronutrients in that it was stressing me out. I need to relax and just keep making small changes for the better. I'll get there eventually. I haven't been getting them for my entire life, so taking my time to get there is ok. Even slow progress is progress. That's all I can ask for right now.

I think there is no app for this specific diet, but it doesn't matter, you can use any calorie tracker app.
I use My Fitness Pal, it's very simple and easy to use, you can track your goals, it shows a graphic of your weight changing, and it is a social media too.

I recommend the application MyFitnessPal. Unlike other applications that I tried, the one unique feature it has is its bar code scanner where you can scan the barcode of whatever product you're eating and the app will give you the nutritional and calorific values. I am actually surprised that almost all products that I eat is there.

A lot of people use MyFitnessPal. Follow them because MyFitnessPal is a very useful app. I actually using it too but I stop last month because I think I can manage alone without it. MyFitnessPal is available in both iOs and android,I think. It's free anyway.

I was thinking of getting an app my self and one of my gym mates suggested Fatsecret I think that's what he is using and he said it very ideal.it helps one track even packaged food.it has a diary,a journal, exercise log,weight chart etc.Will be using this one and I hope it will be better than Fitnesspal.

If you are making use of android device, I would recommend going to Google Play Store and download Lose it.

It's among the best calories tracker that I have seen so far.
IMG_20181115_171420_477.JPG

I personally use MyFitnesspal app. They have got an android and iphone app and a computer version as well. They have got a significant database with even meals from different cuisines which you'd assume are uncommon to encounter on a ordinary basis. So far so good.

I also use MyFitnesspal. Before I am just using my laptop to use it but I have to use a browser first in order to use it. But now that I already have an android phone, I have downloaded it and I am using it as my calorie tracker friend. It has a friendly interface that you would easily understand.

I am looking for a good calorie tracker apps and it seems that Myfitnesspal app is good as per reviews here. I really need this type of app in order to control and know my calorie intake. These last few weeks I've been gaining weight so I have to monitor what I ate and how many calories I take every day. This thread really helps.

When you are only eating one meal a day, you do not usually need to worry about limiting calories, and I believe that your body will naturally tell you whether it need more food or less food. Some days, I am totally starving , and my OMAD meal is a large one. Other days, I am really not that hungry, so I eat a salad or a lighter meal that day.
Since I also eat low carb, I do use a carb tracking app, and the one that I have been using and really like, is called Carbmanager. This app not only tells me how many calories and carbs, but also the nutrition of the food I have been eating that day, so I know what supplementation I need; and it also keeps track of water that I drink, and syncs with my fitness tracker for the steps/activity for the day.
There is both a free app and a premium app, and also just the online website that can work if you do not have a smartphone or tablet that takes apps.

Hi Jennifer,

I am new and don't know if you are still active but I use the app Lose It
I use this one as well. It is very good. You can set your goal and it can track exercises for me that is very important. I have lost 10 pounds with it, but now I am in weight loss plateau. *screams*

This year, my Medicare Advantage plan includes earning points for things like going to the fitness center, walking, weighing yourself, and all kinds of health-oriented activities.
Because I want to earn points and get a gift card, I have also added some new fitness apps this year. Besides the Carb Manager app, I am now using My Fitness Pal, as well as one that works with my bathroom scales to record my weight each day. Most everything will sync with my Apple Watch and Health App on my phone.
It looks like there are a whole lot of fitness trackers as well as apps that can help a person keep track of what they are eating, and when, as well as how much we are exercising.
While this is not a requirement for the OMAD diet, I have found that keep track of everything not only motivates me, but it really helps me to stay accountable.