Brand new and undisciplined

Hi all!

I started my OMAD journey two weeks ago primarily to lose weight but also to improve my life and health all round!

However, I’m poor at discipline and so I’m easing myself in to “hardcore” OMAD.

I’m taking it literally as I’m eating just one meal a day (healthy stuff) but I’m still drinking my tea and coffee with semi skimmed milk (no sugar). I don’t touch pop etc as a rule anyway, and like a glass of red wine on Friday with dinner.

Do you think I’ll still see some benefit and weight loss doing this or am I wasting my time if I’m not going to jump in with both feet? I do plan to gradually reduce my tea and coffee with milk intake.

Thanks all, it’s great to be here!

Welcome to the OMAD forum, @ChandlerC , and we are happy to have a new member here. I think that you are doing a great job of working your way into one meal per day, and I think that probably most of us did something similar.
Since we look at this new style of eating as more of e lifestyle change than just a temporary diet plan, it makes sense that it will take a while to get our body and our minds to re-adjust.
When I started, I at first just had an early dinner (2-4 PM), and then fasted through to the next morning, Once I was comfortable with that, then I stopped having breakfast, and just had a protein drink before going to the fitness center to exercise.
Then, I stopped having the protein drink (most mornings), and that left me with the mid-day meal.
I think that you will find what works for you once you have been on OMAD for a few weeks. Depending on a lot of factors, such as age, exercise level, gender, and stuff like that, each person will do a little differently even on the same exact program.
We just start where we are comfortable, and then work on tailoring a program that works for each of us.

It's never easy to adjust fully into OMAD I had to take it like one day at a time.Your body need to adjust fully to be able to practice OMAD right.The key word for me has always been determination,please keep going and don't stop you will gradually adjust to eating only during your eating window. As I said just focus on your goal you will get there.By the way welcome to the forum.

Hi all!

I started my OMAD journey two weeks ago primarily to lose weight but also to improve my life and health all round!

I’m taking it literally as I’m eating just one meal a day (healthy stuff) but I’m still drinking my tea and coffee with semi skimmed milk (no sugar). I don’t touch pop etc as a rule anyway, and like a glass of red wine on Friday with dinner.

Do you think I’ll still see some benefit and weight loss doing this or am I wasting my time if I’m not going to jump in with both feet? I do plan to gradually reduce my tea and coffee with milk intake.

Hello my friend, you are very much welcome to OMAD forum and I'm very convinced that you are going to find a lot of information on the site that would be helpful in on OMAD journey since you are already finding it a bid harder.

This is basically what most people experience in OMAD as their body system takes time to adapt to new feeding habits. There are so many people's experience with OMAD on the forum, so just take a look at most of them and see how they were able to get a hang of it.

You can stick with all tea and coffee consumption, it's very normal for one doing OMAD. Just don't add sugar in order not to ruin your diet plan.

It is nice to have you as part of this awesome family of Omad, which is a diet plan where you eat one meal a day. The thing is that it took me time to master this lifestyle and I believe that it is something that is going to happen to you as well. Just do what works for you, and always check to see how you have progressed in losing some pounds as well.

Hi all!

When I started OMAD it was hard. I drank all the tea in the house for like 3 days?? Yepp I remember the beginning really well. NIGHTMARE. But weeks have gone by and I lost 10 pounds. I ate really a lot and I lost that much for 3 weeks. So you will too. It would be a good thing if you started to exercise too. Nothing much, just cardio for 20 minutes, yoga or if you want muscles a weight training.
Good luck on your weight loss journey!