Are there health risks in eating a lot of meat for weeks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
In doing the OMAD Keto diet, are there health risks involved? If I'm going to eat a lot of meat for weeks, does this have any bad effects on my health?

Isn't this like eating low carb where you severely restrict your carbohydrate intake and have proteins and vegetables.You can eat your meat but it depends on what you combine it with. I think if you combine it with carbohydrates then it becomes too high in fat and this is a dangerous way to eat. I think meat works best if it is had with no carbohydrates. However If you just eat it for only a few weeks they may be nothing wrong so long as you eat your recommend caloric intake.

We are meat eaters at home like 5 days in a week we usually have beef, pork or chicken. And although we had tried to infuse fish and more vegetables, I think majority of our food is meat. My cholesterol level is not that good and I have cholesterol deposits on the corner of my eyes. It’s the effect of eating too much meat according to the doctor who prescribed a minor operation to remove the cholesterol deposits near my eyes but I am still hesitating.

In the short-term, there shouldn’t be any noticeable effects from eating only meat. In fact, you might actually find yourself feeling better. Recently, the carnivore diet has been trending and a lot of people are claiming that it has cured them of many life long ailments.

That being said, would I recommend eating only meat for the rest of your life? Nope. Maybe if you’re eating grass-fed, organic, non-GMO, hormone/antibiotic free meat, but the standard supermarket meat is tainted with all sorts of additives that are bad for our bodies. A meat-heavy diet isn’t going to have any long/short-term negative effects, but several years of eating that way is bound to have repercussions, with red meat in particular.

My meat intake consists mostly of organic chicken and low-mercury fish like sardines, hake, and European sprat, and I’ve been feeling great.

There is no serious side effect of sticking to a meat only diet for weeks. It is, however, recommended that you mix the meats. Do not just eat red meat or white meat only. Try as much as possible to mix your choice of meat. Do less fatty portions because you do not want to gain extra weight. If you are prone to get bored by eating only meat for a long period of time, try cooking it in different ways. Alternate between broiled, grilled and fried meats to make sure the meals are interesting. I also hope you are going to come back after some time to tell us how it has been. I would like to try it if it will be a good thing.

Anything that is in excess or lacking is not good. For me, you can eat meat EVERYDAY but ALWAYS be mindful of the amount. For example eat a matchbox size of meat combined with vegetables, fruits and a little carb of your choice. Like for me for instance. My question was almost the same as yours but we differ in the meat part. I will ask if too much rice is bad for OMAD diet. I used to be a heavy eater of rice. But as I improve in managing my OMAD plan, I still eat rice everyday but in little amount. To tell you honestly my first couple month in OMAD, I can eat 4 cups of rice. I feel kind of shy telling that. But now, I eat half a cup of rice then a balance of meat, vegetables, fruits and legumes. After christmas 2018, I will slowly transistion from OMAD diet to KETO OMAD. I will consult my nutritionist and doctor first before I start the shift.

During my diet I only eat portion of meat just like the size of my palm and I also combine this with lots of vegetables. Because it is very important to us to pay attention to the portion that we consume and someone told me that if I we're going to eat meat I should also add more vegetables in my meal to balance my diet and yes I did it and It is very effective to me.

I don't know if this is true or not and though I'm yet to verify the veracity of this claim, I'll share it with you anyway. Someone once told me that some of the negative long term effects of a keto diet is that it can be bad for your heart. That it can "damage" the heart literally.

As I said, I don't know how if this is true or not.

As for the short term effects, it would be something like feeling a little fatigued initially but that is something you'll shake off after some time.

I know that meat is a good source of protein but then as people that are wise,we should know when to stop.Eating meat isn't entirely bad but there must be moderation.Maybe taking bits might be great than going over board with it.it will be better to combine it with loads of veggie maybe a salad or other healthy foods.I eat meat too but in moderation to avoid heart disease. If you are thinking of red meat you could take little of it and try to consume more of fish,nuts,poultry to lower the risk.

Processed meats, inclusive of hot dogs, frequently include nitrate, a preservative which could emerge as carcinogenic when heated to high temperatures at some point of the cooking system. All meats might also form carcinogenic heterocylic amines in the course of high-temperature cooking. Marinating meat in vinegar, or microwaving it earlier than cooking, can assist reduce the range of carcinogenic in meat. however, meat may comprise high stages of hormones, which could trigger reproductive problems and early-onset puberty in kids.

High cholesterol in the body is one of the long term risk of taking some meat like pork, beef and goat. I always take chicken and fish while doing Omad as I have been warned by my doctor about the risk of high cholesterol in the body. However, I understand that our bodies are not the same, so try to do what works better for you.

In the short-term, there shouldn’t be any noticeable effects from eating only meat. In fact, you might actually find yourself feeling better. Recently, the carnivore diet has been trending and a lot of people are claiming that it has cured them of many life long ailments.

That being said, would I recommend eating only meat for the rest of your life? Nope. Maybe if you’re eating grass-fed, organic, non-GMO, hormone/antibiotic free meat, but the standard supermarket meat is tainted with all sorts of additives that are bad for our bodies. A meat-heavy diet isn’t going to have any long/short-term negative effects, but several years of eating that way is bound to have repercussions, with red meat in particular.

My meat intake consists mostly of organic chicken and low-mercury fish like sardines, hake, and European sprat, and I’ve been feeling great.
i like the advice you gave my friend. Quite healthy to focus on the meat types that have little additives and especially the kind which are not processed a lot like fish. Actually when I take meat i go directly to the source to buy such as the local fish markets or chicken and beef slaughter areas. I love seeing hat I am buying that getting it packed at the supermarket.

In doing the OMAD Keto diet, are there health risks involved? If I'm going to eat a lot of meat for weeks, does this have any bad effects on my health?

I would recommend eating more of white meat and less of red meat. Red meat have a lot health complications it would cause you unlike white meat. I would go for more of chicken and turkey meat. If you can lay your hands on fishes as well, that would be a good option.

There is no serious side effect of sticking to a meat only diet for weeks. It is, however, recommended that you mix the meats. Do not just eat red meat or white meat only. Try as much as possible to mix your choice of meat. Do less fatty portions because you do not want to gain extra weight. If you are prone to get bored by eating only meat for a long period of time, try cooking it in different ways. Alternate between broiled, grilled and fried meats to make sure the meals are interesting. I also hope you are going to come back after some time to tell us how it has been. I would like to try it if it will be a good thing.
Yes, I also think that changing the food you eat is important! I guess meat especially because of the difference between (for ex.) fish and pork. The difference here is huge! Fish is much more healthier and has more vitamins than pork, so I would recommend eating much more fish than beef or pork.

Status
Not open for further replies.