Am I doing this OMAD diet right?

Hi Everyone-

I am a 25 yo F and I started Keto in August (SW:270) and that slowed after the holidays. I was stuck at 240 for weeks. I decided to start OMAD and have been for two weeks today. I am only consuming 500-650 cal. a day. I am drinking close to a gallon of water a day and am on a prescription multivitamin. So I guess my question is am I starving myself? I don’t feel hungry, fuzzy, weak! I actually feel more energetic, sleeping better, my depression is almost nonexistent! (CW: 228) -as of last Friday

Thanks in advance for all help and advice!

Short term that’s ok but I wouldn’t recommend that intake for long term. From my own experience with low calorie omad is that eventually you will hit a wall. Remember you want omad to be a lifestyle choice and not a quick scheme to lose weight.

Jimmy Swartz

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Everyone-

I am a 25 yo F and I started Keto in August (SW:270) and that slowed after the holidays. I was stuck at 240 for weeks. I decided to start OMAD and have been for two weeks today. I am only consuming 500-650 cal. a day. I am drinking close to a gallon of water a day and am on a prescription multivitamin. So I guess my question is am I starving myself? I don’t feel hungry, fuzzy, weak! I actually feel more energetic, sleeping better, my depression is almost nonexistent! (CW: 228) -as of last Friday

Thanks in advance for all help and advice!

Hi @kshelbyburns! I always recommend getting at least 1200 calories in your omad. If you feel you have hit a wall, I would recommend starting some type of physical activity or exercise regime. You can also try using the tdee calculator that I have here https://omaddiet.com/tdee-calculator/.

My biggest problem was that I never really counted the calories I consume and followed my weight/health in overall. It struck me when I figured that I've gotten too lazy and overweight. But what you say about OMAD is true, same was for me. After one month of OMAD I began to feel young and energetic again!