Day 2 and hello everyone!

I am new to Omad and today is my second day. I am very excited for this journey and for success in reaching for my health goals. I had quit smoking a few months ago (again) and took up eating instead. Not any better.

Yesterday, during my first day I noticed just how many times a day I would normally eat. I’m just so done with feeling like crap all the time, and just want to be able to have control of my life, without feeling like I have some kind of habit or vice controlling me.

I’m not doing Keto at the moment, but I am tracking what I do eat into MyFitnessPal, which is so much easier with one meal rather than 6! Regardless, I’m hoping to stick around and continue to be motivated.

Thanks!

Welcome aboard. This is a great site where you train your body to one meal a day. So you have been doing six meals daily? That happens to be more than enough.

If you quit smoking then you can make it on OMAD.

Previously yes, I was eating at least 6 times a day as far as “normal” eating habits before hand. That’s probably being generous. I feel like I used to constantly eat.

Sunday I ate like normal but stopped eating after dinner at 5pm. Yesterday I ate once at 5pm. I’m feeling ok except for insomnia currently. 3:35 am and I can’t sleep a wink.

Welcome to the forum and to OMAD diet, it great you have decided to give OMAD a try and I can bet you, you will be glad you did.it almost same for everyone. Quitting food and numbers of times one is used to isn't easy but you must do it for your health,weight and well-being. OMAD can help you succeed with your desired weight.All you need is determination. It was never been easy for me but I was determined to see my weight drop and it has and noticeable one at that.So if you ask keep tracking your intake, practice OMAD and add some exercises to your journey. Good luck.

Hi, @ToriLenae , and welcome to the OMAD forum ! It will get easier to just eat once a day when your body starts to accustom itself to the new eating habits that you are learning.
I worked my way into the OMAD program bit by bit, just like you are doing. I started with a low carb/ketogenic diet because that lowers insulin resistance and hunger, and then just started cutting out more meals as the hunger went away.
I think that most people switch over to keto eventually, although some people have reported losing weight just by cutting their eating down to one mea a day, regardless of what they ate.
There is a section where you can start a journal if you want to track your progress here on the forum, and lots of topics for discussion about OMAD and intermittent fasting.

Welcome to OMAD! I'm glad that you decided to change your lifestyle and turn your life into a wonderful and better one. Quitting smoking and starting a good diet is a good way on getting back on track to a healthy life. Hoping you all the best. Whenever you need some advices, you're always welcome here in the forum. I would advise you to set up a certain goal as your inspiration. With that, you can really achieve what you really want. Goodluck with your journey with OMAD!

welcome aboard. i assure you that you will get all the support and advice you can get from this platform. It is actually funny how you talked about noting the number of times that you eat per day since one only notices when they are not eating as much as they used to. It happened to me too as I had hunger pangs as I was starting up but they fade out with time.

This really is a great way to learn how much we eat unnecessarily during our traditional three meal routines. I remember when I first started I was so surprised at how content I felt throughout the day and wondered why I ate so much before just out of habit and compulsion. I also think that eating just once a day helps in tweaking your food intake to your liking such as lowering carbohydrates since you are just dealing with the sacrifice just once a day which really simplifies everything and puts things in perspective. Keep up the good work and I look forward to hearing more about your progress in the future!

Extendinf my welcome to you both in the forum and OMAD with pleasure. You are welcome. The journey of narrowing from 6 to one meal a day is a challenging one. It may be hard to begin but soon it will be like cycling down a slope.

Have something to chew or drink before the meal time. A chewing gum, water or bone broth will do.

Those days are the hard ones. They will normally give you a stomach ache because of not eating on the daily window you are used to. But seems you look happy and enjoy your day 1. Good start for you. Just keep on coming and it will benefit you more.

The best way that I got motivated when I started doing Omad is by the series of articles that I always read on the blog. You can read those articles to get tips on how to continue, but the best advice that I will give is that you should see Omad as a way of life as this is the only way to keep doing it without having much pressure.