Chicken Broth?

Hi :)

I like to make homemade chicken broth. Can I have this outside my eating window? Will it break my fast?

Thanks

With store made broth, it can be very hard to know what is in it.
Bullion cubes are mostly salt and msg, hydrolyzed protein
You’re better off with just Himalayan salt in water if you didn’t make bone broth in advance. Heat the water & put a pat of grass-fed butter in it, or coconut oil, to “feed” your fast.
What I do is buy a rotisserie chicken and a low-priced package of chicken parts (drumsticks, wings, whatever’s on sale) and throw them into a pot with a couple tablespoons ACV and some good salt, water to the top. Add veggies like celery, shallots if you like. An hour later you have broth, after several hours you have bone broth. Or put in your slow cooker on low overnight. Great thing to come home to after work, BTW.

When done, strain the meat & bones from the broth. Use Tupperware, muffin tins or ice cube trays to freeze. I like to reuse the black tray the rotisserie chicken came in by freezing broth in it. Once frozen, remove from molds and put in ziplock bags for easy access when fasting or cooking.

I don't think it will have a adverse effect on your routine provided it prepared by you to ascertain what really go in there so to avoid a broth with too much calories.With OMAD everything should be done in moderation.

I think it will affect your diet. Unless maybe if like what others said, you use those chicken cubes in the market. Just make the traditional chicken broth.

I think it will not because the content in it is diluted and minimal. Basically the flavor is all there is in it. But you need to know that there is fat content in it so you need to consume it moderately. Its a good base for soup because its natural and flavorful.

Chicken broth made from chicken bones and feet is a very good source of protein and collagen. And I think drinking it won't break your fast.

I have seen in Food Channel an episode about chicken broth in Indonesia. The farm owner’s specialty is chicken broth that they pack in plastic and sold in supermarkets. When the chicken broth is bought, it is reheated in microwave and ready for sipping. According to the host of the program, the broth is very nutritious that it can serve as your meal with crackers. For purposes of OMAD, I guess chicken broth can break your fasting.

I don't make chicken broth. I buy the Swanson brand. That company has been around since I was a child and they make quality products. All of their broths are good. Mainly I buy the low sodium chicken broth. I cook with it or warm it up and drink it out of a cup. It's great for when you have a cold, the flu or some kind of virus.

There's this product sold here which really is very effective, it's called Brand's Essence of Chicken. It has no fat, no cholesterol, no salt and no preservatives whatsoever. It's a tonic made from double boiling a chicken and extracting all the goodness. It's a great protein booster and it's all natural.

I make chicken broth too. In making chicken broth my ingredients are onion, garlic, pepper, rock salt and chicken breast. I will make this when it is rainy season in my country. It really make my tummy warm and it was good for my diet.

Now that the weather has gotten cold, I like drinking something hot; but I don’t like having a lot of coffee, either. I usually have some coffee first thing in the morning, and maybe one cup later in the day, but that is sufficient of coffee for me.
What I have been enjoying sometimes, is a hot cup of broth. It does not have caffeine like coffee or tea has, doesn’t need to be sweetened, and it makes me think that I have actually had something to eat if I am hungry during the fasting time.
I use the powdered broth, and add just a dab of Swanson chicken broth, but I use less than the recommended teaspoon of the Khorramshahr powdered broth, so it does not have as much salt.
I am also using this when I take my heart medicine and my supplements each day, because our body does not digest something properly unless it thinks it is getting food of some kind.
It probably would not be good to drink a lot of this broth , but a cup or two seems to be fine.