OMAD and Ketosis

A high fat / protein and low carb diet is very effective I've done it before and it forces your body to burn fats instead of carbs. Getting your body into ketosis has a variety of health benefits including weight-loss.

I haven't tried OMAD with a Ketogenic diet before but I really think it could be very effective if done correctly.

Yes. I agree with you. Ketogenic diet results in fat burning that improves overall health and make it an important tool in your weight loss journey. As it puts your body into a state of ketosis, it utilizes the fats in your body and burn it. It usually takes 2-10 days before your body goes into ketosis state from the start of your diet.

This is the first time that I have encountered the word ketosis. That is why I am enjoying this forum because aside from my objective on losing weight, I also learn some other things. When you say high protein and low carb, the idea that comes to my head is a ”no-rice” diet. Rice is our staple here and it is difficult to avoid it because most of our dishes are designed to be eaten with rice. But I have tried that diet before that I only eat the viand which is usually meat or fish and vegetables. It is not very effective for me though.

Yes. I agree with you. Ketogenic diet results in fat burning that improves overall health and make it an important tool in your weight loss journey. As it puts your body into a state of ketosis, it utilizes the fats in your body and burn it. It usually takes 2-10 days before your body goes into ketosis state from the start of your diet.

From what I have read, you will actually start burning fat during the night as your body uses up the sugar it has stored as fuel. This is assuming that you have not just eaten a heavy carb meal before you go to bed, because the digestion process will take several hours and then you still have to burn up the stored sugar in your cells and the glycogen in the liver.
If you are on a ketogenic diet, then you should start burning fat as soon as your body uses up the sugar, and since you are only eating a few carbs (and those would be from slow-digesting foods like veggies and greens), then your body will continue to burn fat.
It does take several weeks for your body to become “keto-adapted”, which means that your body has completely adjusted to burning fat for fuel and not switching back and forth between both fuels.

I have been on a OMAD/Keto diet for 2 1/2 months now. I originally just wanted to do one meal a day but l found myself doing high protein an pretty much no carbs. So far I have lost 44 pounds, I was at my highest weight I've ever been so I had a lot to lose. My starting weight was 280lbs, currently I am 236. My original goal was to lose 50 pounds but since I got here so quick an easy I'm now shooting for 60 pounds.

A lot of people already back the ketogenic diet alone, and claim that it has helped them more than any other alternative diet. I’m one of those people, as I was struggling to keep off excess weight until I started eating a low-carb diet. Low-carb worked, but keto worked even better.

When using it in conjunction with OMAD, it can be an incredibly effective means of weight loss. It does take some discipline in planning, but the progress is well worth the effort. Keto has helped me to not only lose/manage my weight, but has resulted in vastly improved mental clarity and cognition which is actually one of the side bonuses of keto.

There is a documentary coming out that explains how the ketogenic way of eating works, and how it helps our body with anti-aging and autophagy. It is free to watch the documentary when it is first put out, and then offered for sale afterwards if you want to purchase and download everything; but that is not necessary or required.
Combining a low carb diet with intermittent fasting seems to be what everyone is now saying works the best for losing weight, as well as keeping your body healthy.
The documentary is a 9-part series, and starts on the evening of May 14th, and one episode each day after that for the nine day time frame. You have 24 hours to watch each section of the video, and all you need to do is go to the website that is producing it and sign up to watch it.

https://therealskinnyonfat.com/optin/