This is where I belong. I think?

HI all. Sometimes I don't eat all day due to work. I'm hoping this will be kinda easy for me. Lost 12-lbs in one month doing basically omad. I stumbled on here and see that I have been making some mistakes, so i'm excited to learn more.

Jimmy Swartz

Administrator
Staff member
Hi @jimbowho and welcome to the forums! We are very happy to have you and I hope that you find all the resources and support you need to succeed in your journey! As far as starting the omad diet, here is an article that I wrote that I think you might find helpful https://omaddiet.com/tips-one-meal-a-day/. I hope it helps. Again, welcome to the forums and keep us updated on your journey!

Thanks jimmy, everywhere I go on this site is good info. My only update since my one hour eating window is what I would describe as flightyness, <new word, but I know it will fade. I'm 6'1" 250 and going for 210. I just like the sound of it. You're doing a good thing for many people, good on you.

Jimmy Swartz

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks jimmy, everywhere I go on this site is good info. My only update since my one hour eating window is what I would describe as flightyness, <new word, but I know it will fade. I'm 6'1" 250 and going for 210. I just like the sound of it. You're doing a good thing for many people, good on you.

Thanks for the kind words. Helping people like you and others reach your goals is exactly why I setup the website and everything else. The Omad Diet has changed my life forever and I know what it feels like to think there is no way out. I hope that everyone that comes to this website takes something away from it that can change their life forever.

Welcome to the forum, @jimbowho !
There is also a Facebook group that helps with support, if you like Facebook.
Look on the main page of this website, and scroll down until you see the link for the social media sites.
I enjoy the group, but I think that it is easier to actually have a discussion here in the forum format.

Welcome to the forum, @jimbowho !
There is also a Facebook group that helps with support, if you like Facebook.
Look on the main page of this website, and scroll down until you see the link for the social media sites.
I enjoy the group, but I think that it is easier to actually have a discussion here in the forum format.

Thanks HFL, no Facebook for me. No snapshot, no tweeter etc. I have read some of your posts you seem quite passionate about one meal. I'm keying off of you guys. Be well.

Jimmy Swartz

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks HFL, no Facebook for me. No snapshot, no tweeter etc. I have read some of your posts you seem quite passionate about one meal. I'm keying off of you guys. Be well.

Hi @jimbowho . That is why I created this forum as well in addition to the facebook group. Facebook is not for everyone and I wanted to be sure have a platform for people who felt more comfortable in a traditional forum setting for support.

I really enjoy both facebook and forums; but I definitely think that a forum such as this is much easier to actually have a discussion about something, and we can add more participation than just the few words usually being posted on facebook.
I think that, over the years, I have tried just about every diet and method of eating that came along, some with success and some not.
I have found that I am carb-sensitive, and do better with fewer carbs; but on the other hand , I can’t live on meat and eggs either.
I love most vegetables, and they tend to be both healthy and relatively low-carb, and work on about any diet.

However, it still does not address the problem of overeating, and this is where I have found that OMAD and IF in general are a big help. My goal is to only have one meal a day, but like any plan we make, it sometimes goes awry, and then plan B is to at least do some form of intermittent fasting until I get back to the one meal.

Hi Jimbowho welcome! Another thing I like about OMAD is the healing that takes place when fasting. The body gets to cleanse and rest until the next feed.

Thanks Kat. That's a good point, I have been reading up on the powers of fasting in regards to healing. I too have some nagging ailments and am already doing a journal to keep track of things.