Would I benefit from doing omad once a week?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Though it will alter your metabolism slightly, still you will not see any significant changes when you'll just do it once a week. Why not try the diet for days like two or three? Then assess yourself if you like it. It's better that you'll enjoy what you're doing to help in the persistence towards your goal.

There is a significant change for your health for doing OMAD but do not allow suffer from negative of this diet. Be sure to follow all the guidelines you need to accomplished. Eat healthy foods only avoid unnecessary or unhealthy foods.

You won't really feel any significant difference, I guess the best way is to try alternating OMAD every other day if you want to try the diet. You can always start just reducing your food portions or just not eating snacks before you transition to OMAD.

Well I believe what is worth,is worth doing well,OMAD diet shouldn't be a one time off thing it should be a lifestyle modification. Once a week might not cut it,because that routine is just too small for any significant difference. Try to buckle up and add more days I'm sure it will be pretty cool that way.

Yes you can benefit from doing OMAD once a week because diet consider as one of a process of cleansing our body.

Honestly? No. Any impact it would have on your body would be practically unnoticeable.

Allow me to lay out some examples for you, so it's easier to understand. Let's say you eat super healthy six days a week, and then binge eat junk food one day. Is that one day going to make you fat? Of course not. The same goes for the other way around. If you eat an average/unhealthy diet six days a week, and then one day you do OMAD, it's not going to help you lose weight or maintain good health.

If you're only modifying your diet one day a week, then you'd be better off simply doing a total, 24 hour fast that one day.

I don't think it will make much of a difference although I suppose it surely will make some difference at least considering that you will at least have one day more than you previously did of fasting per week, and in a year that adds up if you ask me. However, I wouldn't count on it on making any significant changes though I guess as long as you eat healthily the rest of the week anyway then it should probably be good enough just as a supplement. I think it mostly just depends on what you are trying to achieve and if you are just looking for a minor adjustment then it's probably better than not fasting at all in my opinion.

You will still benifit even you do OMAD once a week. But don't just do it a week. Maybe do it once weekly. Exercising diet is always benifiacial to our body.

My fear in doing OMAD once a week is the body might do something to compensate for the lost meals when you go OMAD. On the next day, you may tend to eat more because you came from fasting. I had that experience that’s why I am very gradual in my shifting to OMAD. For now I am skipping dinner once or twice a week.

It is better than you do Omad for more days in the week instead of having to do it just once a week. The reason is that you are definitely going to see the big changes that it will bring unlike those that did so for just a few days.

My fear in doing OMAD once a week is the body might do something to compensate for the lost meals when you go OMAD. On the next day, you may tend to eat more because you came from fasting. I had that experience that’s why I am very gradual in my shifting to OMAD. For now I am skipping dinner once or twice a week.

This is true and it is going to result in you not even getting value for anything that you have done. This is the reason it is better for us to focus and do it the way that it is recommended.

I guess you could ease into it that way, but as for the benefits I don't know if you'd see many if any. I think the hardest part is that your body would go from OMAD on one day, to regular eating on the other 6 days a week and I think if anything that would see me overeating - so it might actually see you gaining weight.

If you want a changes happend to you, you can start it. And don't atleast twice or 3 times a week so that you can see changes.

I think it will but it will take a long time to see some changes. If you think about it there are more days in a week that you are in the norm than a diet. You can try gradually increase your OMAD schedule in a week until your body adapts.

I also don't think that once a week is enough for you to start loosing weight. I think that if you want to fast for less days you should think about going on another protocol like the 5 2 protocol where you eat normally for 5 days and eat upto 500 calories only. I think maybe that this would be a better option for you. I think OMAD is most effective when done everyday. What I would say is that you can do it for a while , which will take a lot of sacrifice on your side. When you loose your weight you can change to another protocol.

Status
Not open for further replies.