Weekly Goals..Anyone?

Hi Everyone,

I'm curious as to weekly OMAD goals. Do you have any for this week? Would you like to share?

I'll start (lol) My goal is to drink 64-72 ounces of water per day. I wanted to list that I'll replace my standard dessert with fruit but baby steps for me.

Glad you brought this up! I'm looking to cut down on the amount of unhealthy food I've been eating lately with omad. I've been eating out a lot for my meal and am looking to stay home and start cooking something healthy:D. Plus, the food bill is starting to add up after eating out so much! I think I just blew at least $200 in eating out last week and didn't even realize it.

Hi Jackie, I'm glad you chimed in. I'm thinking about adding a new goal each week so I can truly maximize all the benefits of OMAD. I agree with the eating out and wowzer at $200. I'll report back on Friday to see if I was able to reach my goal. Right now I am just at 24 ounces and it's noon already so whew I better get with it. I hate feeling dehydrated and usually after my meal I don't feel like drinking water so I wake up parched.

My goal this week is to establish a consistent eating window. I'm gonna try the evening time and am hopeful that it sticks and works for me. I think I will have a pretty good feel by the end of the week if it is the right thing for me.

I like this idea. Mariela, there are apps that will remind you to drink water. Or you can either put out how many bottles of water you want to drink or fill a pitcher or two (I like the gallon mason jars with a spout) and then you will have a visual of how much more water you want to get in for the day. I either fill my gallon jar in the morning or put out 6-8 bottles of water on the counter.

I think for this week my goal will be to get enough sleep. I have a really bad habit of watching YouTube on my tablet in bed. I go to bed at a good time, usually around 11-12, but then I'm up until 3-4 in the morning. I'd like to get better at going to sleep when I go to bed.

I like this idea. Mariela, there are apps that will remind you to drink water. Or you can either put out how many bottles of water you want to drink or fill a pitcher or two (I like the gallon mason jars with a spout) and then you will have a visual of how much more water you want to get in for the day. I either fill my gallon jar in the morning or put out 6-8 bottles of water on the counter.

I think for this week my goal will be to get enough sleep. I have a really bad habit of watching YouTube on my tablet in bed. I go to bed at a good time, usually around 11-12, but then I'm up until 3-4 in the morning. I'd like to get better at going to sleep when I go to bed.
Thanks for the tip. I'm gonna search for one of those apps and I like your idea about filling a mason jar. I could fill one with ice and water before I leave for work and sip all day.

good luck with your goal for the week. I have a habit of watching youtube on my phone too when I'm supposed to be asleep. Usually episodes of dateline. Keith morrison's voice is so intoxicating.

My goal is to get back on the wagon as I have recently fell off! I guess that is what St patties day does to someone! I was out with too many friends over the weekend and couldn't resist all the snack foods. I'm still down over 20 pounds overall, but I don't even want to step on the scale to see how much put back on over the last few days. I think I will make myself feel better and weigh myself at the end of this week after restarting omad:D

My goal is to get back on the wagon as I have recently fell off! I guess that is what St patties day does to someone! I was out with too many friends over the weekend and couldn't resist all the snack foods. I'm still down over 20 pounds overall, but I don't even want to step on the scale to see how much put back on over the last few days. I think I will make myself feel better and weigh myself at the end of this week after restarting omad:D
Lacey, I completely understand. St. Paddy's is huge here as well. You've done great to be down over 20 and I am sure you'll be in a safe place within a few days of doing omad and drinking loads of water. I agree with you about waiting until the end of the week to weigh in

Hi,

Just reporting that I reached my water intake goal yesterday and today I am off to a good start. Hope everyone else is taking baby steps to reach their intended goal of the week

Hi,

Just reporting that I reached my water intake goal yesterday and today I am off to a good start. Hope everyone else is taking baby steps to reach their intended goal of the week

This is great hear Mariela! I'm off to a good start as well for the week. Keeping myself disciplined as I already know that this gets the results I'm looking for!

This week my goal is to keep an OMAD diary, so far I have been winging it and I realise that I can´t remember that much of success or falire, need to structure what I am doing to learn what works best.

This is a good idea to keep a diary. I might start keeping one myself just to look back and see how far I've come.

Jimmy Swartz

Administrator
Staff member
I agree. Keeping a diary is an excellent idea. You are right Cody. It keeps you inspired. By looking back at where you came from it gives you extra motivation to keep moving forward. It also allows you make any adjustments along your journey by keeping track of all your daily activities.

I'm trying to lose another 20lbs on top of my 20 already. My goal this week and next is to stay consistent with my eating window. I haven't been that consistent lately.

I did omad and lost 10lbs in the fall and then it seemed like I stalled and fell off the path. I'm hoping to start back again and lose up to 40 pounds.

My goal this week is to replace my usual dessert (buttery flaky sugar cookies) with fruit. Today I was successful. I drank half a fruit smoothie before my meal and remaining after my meal. Main difference I noticed with having the smoothie versus the cookies is the cookies made me crave more cookies but with the smoothie I’m not feeling the urge to blend another. Dare I say I’m satisfied

My goal this week is to replace my usual dessert (buttery flaky sugar cookies) with fruit. Today I was successful. I drank half a fruit smoothie before my meal and remaining after my meal. Main difference I noticed with having the smoothie versus the cookies is the cookies made me crave more cookies but with the smoothie I’m not feeling the urge to blend another. Dare I say I’m satisfied

I know what you mean. Doughnuts were like that with me. We have a local doughnut shop and I used to go there all the time and just pick up a few to have with my meal. The only problem is that I felt like they only gave me an craving to eat more of them. Since I've been eating healthier I've noticed a big difference in cravings and how much I eat overall with my meals. I used to think it was all a myth about eating healthy and the cravings would go away. But, it really does work and I feel 100x better.

Hi Jackie. I feel the same as you. I was wondering when these mythical healthy food cravings would appear and I am happy they're here.

This week my goal is to keep an OMAD diary, so far I have been winging it and I realise that I can´t remember that much of success or falire, need to structure what I am doing to learn what works best.
I make it a daily goal to sit and write each day. I write about food, cravings, how my body is feeling, successes, failures... whatever I feel like I should write that day. It's been nice to look back on and I highly recommend it. It's showing me what I'm doing right, what I need to work on, and it shows me just how indecisive I can be sometimes with how I approach eating. I'm definitely improving though.

My weekly goal was to sleep better. I failed terribly, so that's my goal again. Also, to not track calories this week. I did once roughly, but I won't again. I'm hoping that my progress shows me that I don't need to track. As long as I'm losing then I won't weigh and track for a while. Or if I start to lose what I feel is too quickly, then I may track for a while to make sure I'm eating enough. That's my only real concern with not tracking, is not eating enough.