Tell what changes you felt week to week on OMAD

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Kat, Apr 2, 2017.

1. Kat

Kat New Member

I am on Week 2 and would love to here the changes you felt week to week. Week 1 for me, clarity, calmness, a sense of realizing I have more time on my hands. I actually made a list of things to do with my extra time when I don't eat. I started a journal so I can write about my feelings/experience. Week 2 so far I am feeling excitement that I got through week 1. Energy level is soring. Brain fog has left.

2. Teresa r

Teresa r New Member

Week 1- I remember how hard it was! I could really tell how much of a schedule my body was used to. I felt hungry all the time and kept getting headaches. I related this to caffeine because I cut back my caffeine intake as well. In this first week, I realized I only felt hungry because my body was used to eating at certain times and not really because I was starving. I hope that makes sense, but it's something I really learned about myself.
    Week 2- the hunger began to decrease. I would still have it at times, but not all the time like in week 1. This is the week where I began to wake up and feel like I didn't need to eat breakfast right away. Whenever I woke up before, I had to eat breakfast right away. This was a worry for me when I started this diet. I also began to feel less bloated. I used to complain about being feeling bloated to the doctors all the time and I could never get a real definitive answer to why.
    Week 3- This is the week I felt like I turned the corner. I began to feel emotionally and physically better. I never realized how much food I was eating before. I was blind to the calories. My energy levels went up as well. I also felt happy all the time. It's crazy, but I felt more focused as well.

3. Kat

Kat New Member

I find I am needing less sleep too. Have you ever used chicken, herbal or vegetable bouillon cubes in water. I actually cut one into quarters and put a piece of it in hot water and sipped on it off and on all day. It was quite yummy.

4. Teresa r

Teresa r New Member

I had a rough week this past week and am trying to get back on course. I had some family come in from out of town and kinda got me off schedule. I was doing so good and am feeling horrible right now. My weight has gone up really quick.

5. Kat

Kat New Member

Hi Teresa, hang in there and remember it is just one week out of an entire year. Now doesn't that seem small. Just start again. I had no loss my 3rd week. Starting on the 4th and that is okay. I am sure my boy is going through adjustments. I just like the way it makes me feel. Just concentrate on how good you feel and keep going. It's a learning process.