Struggling today on my omad plan

I'm really struggling today. Obviously didn't eat enough last night as feeling ravenous. Also keep wanting to cry so must have PMT. any suggestions as to how to survive the day when all I want to do is have a huge warming comforting latte
1f625.png

Jimmy Swartz

Administrator
Staff member
Best advice I can give you #1. Have no calorie beverages on hand when starting. This will help curb the hunger you will deal with in the beginning. #2. Try to stay busy and get out of the house. I would maybe try to take the kids somewhere for an activity or something to keep your mind off of food. #3. Make a Plan. Mentally, you want to prepare yourself for what you want to accomplish. Everyone's lifestyle is different, so something that may work for me, may not work for you. What I mean by that is that I learned to know my weaknesses. I learned to know what I needed to do to keep my mind off of food. I learned what I needed to keep in the house and what I needed to get rid of to help me resist temptation. Good luck and I know you can reach your goals!

Nothing is ever easy at the beginning so OMAD wouldn't be an exception. Hunger pang will always be there but you must be determined to overcome it.I have my water with me to help me stay hydrated and it always helpful, so try to take water intermittently. I try to be a bit far from food and concentrate on completing some tasks and projects,bottom line stay busy. Avoid thinking about food and try to eat protein and fiber rich food during your eating window to help keep you full for a very long time before your next eating period.

When I began Omad, it was pretty difficult as there are days that I can't just miss some of the favorite meals made in our home. However, with time and by the success stories of others, I get to keep getting better at it and now, taking one meal a day has helped me lose a lot of weight.

So, it will be good as well if you can read some of the blog posts on this forum and try to implement some of the tips on it such as avoiding beverage when beginning.

I experience this sometimes as I sometimes wake up a lot hungrier compared to other days. On these types of days when I feel like I'm starving it really is a bit challenging because not only do I have to deal with the hunger but I also have to do things that require me to move around and focus. The only way I get through it really is to just keep drinking lots of water, as that helps a lot in getting to the mealtime and I mostly only drink water because I am very paranoid about anything that has flavor as I always think they will break my fasting period and my sacrifice will be wasted.

Sometimes we hit a wall in what we do but that doesn't mean we have to quit or give up right away. Draw strength from how far you have come and look at what you have to lose should you give up.

Someone suggested getting out of the house and I completely agree with him on it. Get into some lively activities, I believe it's going to be of tremendous help to you in getting by the day in one piece.

Sometimes we hit a wall in what we do but that doesn't mean we have to quit or give up right away. Draw strength from how far you have come and look at what you have to lose should you give up.

Someone suggested getting out of the house and I completely agree with him on it. Get into some lively activities, I believe it's going to be of tremendous help to you in getting by the day in one piece.
Your first statement is the truth,most times looking at how far we have gone with a process can be very encouraging and help us move pass our weakness.Taking a look at myself helps to push me further in OMAD diet,I know that backing out wouldn't be of any benefit,the best bet is continuing in it to get the very best of the success story.

I actually fell off the wagon during my first days. however, that did not ruin the determination I had to maintain a great body. Even though my weight may have remained the same I kept doing it until I started to note some changes. the first days are the hardest since they are the ones when you keep telling yourself that you actually cannot be able to do it. Get through the first day which sets the pace for the second and so on until you finally have adapted.

why not call a friend for a chat and have a natter about something that's not stress related or related to diets/lifestyle. I find that simply focusing on my uni work really helps me get through the day and i also find that sitting away from the kitchen is really helpful, especially if there's food being prepared.

What I could suggest is to drink water instead. It'll help you feel like you not hungry or craving at all. Try to keep yourself busy and focused on other things than eating. You can also sleep to get away from your cravings. It is really hard to resist cravings, but always remember about your goal.

What you are going through is what most beginners do encounter. Determination here is the key to make you continue. I think you should do something that will make forget food. Keep handy. You can take a leisure walk where you will not be temped by food. A ride on a bike can do too. That is what I used to do.

For a beginner it is normal so don't panic at all. Maybe drinking water may help you. Try to eat foods that are heavy stomach filler. In that way you will feel full up to a long time.

why not call a friend for a chat and have a natter about something that's not stress related or related to diets/lifestyle. I find that simply focusing on my uni work really helps me get through the day and i also find that sitting away from the kitchen is really helpful, especially if there's food being prepared.
Just like you, I love getting engrossed in work to steer clear of the hunger thoughts and as such the temptation to take something to eat. This makes me one of the earliest people reporting to work and an engaged one at that matter. Within no time I find myself having made it to the evening and the time for my One Meal A Day reaches.

But if you call a friend make sure that you don't talk about food as you don't want it to become automatic habit and instantly you are heading to the fish and chips shop or making sandwich

Everybody experienced that at first. Starting Omad is no easy. The struggle is real and hard. So, beforehand you must really ready yourself. Because OMAD is not just about the diet it's also about how you discipline you body. But don't worry after your body adjusted, doing OMAD is like the easiest way to lose weight.

But if you call a friend make sure that you don't talk about food as you don't want it to become automatic habit and instantly you are heading to the fish and chips shop or making sandwich
This is great advice. There are friends who may try to assist you but in the process end up doing the wrong thing and influencing you in the wrong way. Case example; I once called a friend of mine explaining to him about the diet and how it was taking a toll on me. Next thing I know she shows up on my door with frys, chicken and yogurt claiming to have brought a solution.