Steak and Eggs and IF

Has anyone done the steak and eggs along with OMAD? I had a steak at lunch today with veggies and a few slice of red potatoes and noticed I kept sweating off and on for about 2 hours. I was doing my usual internet surfing and read about steak and eggs. Admin what is your take on this and have you tried it. It is suppose to really help with fat loss and I do like a good steak every now and then.

Jimmy Swartz

Administrator
Staff member
I've heard positive results from the Steak and eggs diet because of what the basis for it is. The Steak and Eggs is a ketogenic diet. It was developed by famous bodybuilding trainer Vince Gironda. Because it's a high-fat, moderate protein, zero carbohydrate diet it can be very effective. When carbohydrates are eliminated as a source of energy, your body is forced to burn fat as fuel. For the ketogenic diet to work you must eat high fat and not eat carbohydrates. This diet does that. Kat, I would definitely say that there's nothing wrong with a having a good steak and eggs every now and then lol. It actually sounds pretty good right now.

I did an experiment and ate a nice steak with veggies and had a 1.4 lb. loss. Did you experience what I call "the sweats" like 2 hours after eating? I have noticed in my second week that I break out in this heated moment that lasts about 20 to 30 minutes and I end up drinking ice water like crazy. 9 lbs. down. Today is starting my 3rd week. I switched to lunch for my one meal a day instead of dinner because this was my birthday week and I had couple of coworkers that were taking out for lunch. Hard to pass up. I notice it did not make much of a difference I still had a steady loss. So I think I will do lunch during the week and dinner only on weekends. Finding I have to adjust it a little.

Jimmy Swartz

Administrator
Staff member
I've never experienced any sweats or anything unusual when eating steak and eggs. However, I do eat eggs on a regular basis with my one meal. It's really funny because up until a few years ago, I never ate that many eggs. That is, until one day I figured something out about my body. My body responds really well when I eat eggs with weight loss. It's kinda like my superfood. I've done a lot of experiments with my intakes when I came to this conclusion.

I've tried this before as well. I didn't experience that. I think it depends on our body's chemistry. We all react differently to specific diets. So it's best to adjust accordingly while you progress with your chosen meal plans.

Steak and eggs have nothing to do with intermittent sweating, and could be another factor like your physical activity, temperature, or if you have any illness during that day.

I agree @Admin eggs are a super food. Since I begun eating them my nails, skin and hair are in excellent condition. I've heard about the steak and egg diet, where you eat nothing but steak and eggs for 3-5 days. Its recommended for people that want to break a plateau or get back in ketosis very fast or just want to loose weight rapidly. I must admit I have been on it. Its no hardship keeping it up because who doesn't like steak? Unless you are vegetarian offcourse. You get a bit fed up with the eggs though,but you can reduce them. However you lose a lot of weight. I lost 16lb in 5 days .

I've tried steaks and eggs years ago and it helped me trim some pounds, it's a very effective fat burner since you'll only be consuming protein and no carbohydrates, the body then burns fat for energy and you get to lose weight fast.

This is the first time that I’ve heard of steaks and egg diet. Perhaps you can lose weight but you need to do a workout to burn the meat and the proteins. I would love to eat steak and probably it is a good meal for OMAD because my hunger is gone for at about 8 hours when I satiate myself with a generous serving of porterhouse steak and vegetable salad. However, I don't know where the egg comes into the picture because it is not an appropriate match with the steak unless it will be mixed with the vegetable salad.

This is the first time that I’ve heard of steaks and egg diet. Perhaps you can lose weight but you need to do a workout to burn the meat and the proteins. I would love to eat steak and probably it is a good meal for OMAD because my hunger is gone for at about 8 hours when I satiate myself with a generous serving of porterhouse steak and vegetable salad. However, I don't know where the egg comes into the picture because it is not an appropriate match with the steak unless it will be mixed with the vegetable salad.

I have to agree that eating Steaks and Eggs can only be effective if you incorporate a workout to sweat and burn the protein. If you don't exercise or do any kind of work out then you won't get any positive results in terms of weight-loss.

That is the whole idea of the steak and eggs plan, @Corzhens ! That the steak and eggs fill you up and you dont get hungry for hours, is the basic reason why the ketogenic diet works so good. You can eat all of that you want, and still lose weight because it doesn’t cause an insulin spike . Insulin is what makes you hungry and also what makes you store fat.
Steak and eggs is a well-known combination here in the US, especially for breakfast, but it is good anytime.

That is the whole idea of the steak and eggs plan, @Corzhens ! That the steak and eggs fill you up and you dont get hungry for hours, is the basic reason why the ketogenic diet works so good. You can eat all of that you want, and still lose weight because it doesn’t cause an insulin spike . Insulin is what makes you hungry and also what makes you store fat.
Steak and eggs is a well-known combination here in the US, especially for breakfast, but it is good anytime.
Thank you for the information that you shared. I asked about the eggs because this is the first time that I have come across with that combination of steak and eggs. When I have steak for lunch, I usually feel full that I sometimes skip dinner. But I cannot vouch for my stomach in the morning since I am used to having breakfast by 7 am. From steak we get proteins and I guess eggs also give us proteins. Isn’t that an excessive supply of protein?

I've heard a lot of buzz around ketogenic eating lately, and there are plenty of people who rave about this kind of eating. I personally don't like eggs, so I don't think I could do it, but I guess the biggest thing to me is that both steak and eggs are filled with protein so I imagine if that was your OMAD that it would keep you satiated for quite a while.