Omad diet and not counting calories - need some help

OMAD, not counting calories, eating every day in between 2:00 to 3:00 PM. The problems I am facing are silly but they are serious problems for me

1) All week is fine Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday but on Friday usually have a family dinner, I tried last Friday not to eat until my Dinner time but I am was dying with hunger and I broke the whole fast and I also ate dinner with my family.

2) WEEKENDS are my worst times, I am a big-time cook, I cook and we all eat together on the weekend. so OMAD I mentally think it's not possible for me

Please help me get through these hurdles how can I suppress hunger and go on with my life. Please help me how to self-control I am not sure if I am just weak or lacking motivation or what is wrong with me. I don’t want to starve or feel like I am losing something in life if I am not eating food. I am so messed up after the weekend most of the weekends but don’t know why I am still doing it.

I do the same thing. I only eat dinner all week. Eat with family on the weekends. But during the whole course of the month I do lose weight and have been for the last several months. I have lost 15 lbs in about 3-4 months. I know I could lose a lot faster doing it all 7 days but I also want to be able to maintain this lifestyle long term. I have lost 30-40 lbs every 3 or 4 years repeatedly and always slack off and gain it back. I am good with losing slower and being able to stick with it.

Hi OP,
I know it’s been a few months since you posted but I was wondering how you were doing with Omad.

From reading your post, it sounded as if your biggest fear was missing out on family time and/or the foods you so enjoy preparing for everyone. I cook a lot too so I understand. I cook and I like to taste along the way to ensure the food is to my liking so initially I was concerned that my 1 hour of eating started at first taste. What I did was limit tasting to halfway point of cooking unless it’s a new recipe I’m trying out.
I agree that cooking is very social and that’s part of the fun you know besides eating delicious food but to be honest leftovers have really helped omad become a reality for me. The food you’re preparing, are you able to prep it to be eaten during the week? I know that there were a couple days we had a dinners of leftovers or repurposed meals...I was like meatloaf meet pasta

Hi OP,
I know it’s been a few months since you posted but I was wondering how you were doing with Omad.

From reading your post, it sounded as if your biggest fear was missing out on family time and/or the foods you so enjoy preparing for everyone. I cook a lot too so I understand. I cook and I like to taste along the way to ensure the food is to my liking so initially I was concerned that my 1 hour of eating started at first taste. What I did was limit tasting to halfway point of cooking unless it’s a new recipe I’m trying out.
I agree that cooking is very social and that’s part of the fun you know besides eating delicious food but to be honest leftovers have really helped omad become a reality for me. The food you’re preparing, are you able to prep it to be eaten during the week? I know that there were a couple days we had a dinners of leftovers or repurposed meals...I was like meatloaf meet pasta

Thanks so much for checking in! I ended up quitting omad for a few months and took a mental break. I was dealing with a lot of things with family, job etc. I felt I needed a breather. I think I was pretty stressed out in that post lol. I actually just restarted Omad a month ago and have already lost 8 pounds! My family has been very supportive with everything and we now have our meal between 4-8 everyday. As far as the weekends, my family has adjusted their eat times to support my eating window as well. And I get to cook the meal:). Things have been going great and I hope to continue until I reach my weight loss goal of 60 pounds.

Jimmy Swartz

Administrator
Staff member
Congrats on your weight loss Katie! I'm happy to hear that you have the support of your family. That means a lot when you are trying to make a lifestyle change. I couldn't have done it without mine as well.

Thanks so much for checking in! I ended up quitting omad for a few months and took a mental break. I was dealing with a lot of things with family, job etc. I felt I needed a breather. I think I was pretty stressed out in that post lol. I actually just restarted Omad a month ago and have already lost 8 pounds! My family has been very supportive with everything and we now have our meal between 4-8 everyday. As far as the weekends, my family has adjusted their eat times to support my eating window as well. And I get to cook the meal:). Things have been going great and I hope to continue until I reach my weight loss goal of 60 pounds.
Hi Katie,
Thanks for responding and you are doing great with an 8 pound loss. Having a supportive family rocks! I'm enjoying this way of eating and I don't really count calories anymore. Well, actually I track them but I don't mind how the number looks if that makes sense. I enjoy cooking meals and eating whatever I want as well. This way of eating makes it less awkward when eating with others as I am not worried about the menu but only thing is sometimes I get the "I can't believe you ate all that" look from folks who may not know it's my only meal since 22-24 hours ago.

Hi Katie,
Thanks for responding and you are doing great with an 8 pound loss. Having a supportive family rocks! I'm enjoying this way of eating and I don't really count calories anymore. Well, actually I track them but I don't mind how the number looks if that makes sense. I enjoy cooking meals and eating whatever I want as well. This way of eating makes it less awkward when eating with others as I am not worried about the menu but only thing is sometimes I get the "I can't believe you ate all that" look from folks who may not know it's my only meal since 22-24 hours ago.

Thanks Mariela. I know what you mean when it can be awkward when eating with others. Some of my friends will still question me about it, but they also give me the support I need. As a matter fact, since I'm now losing weight, they are actually asking me more about it:)

If we recount the hurdles we need to overcome with omad diet, we might not get anywhere with it,so it better we just get started and see how it goes.I always say fighting hunger pangs with OMAD needs determination, be determined and go with what works for you.You can take water intermittently to reduce hunger pang and give you renewed energy and when it meal time eat nutritious and fiber rich foods it will help keep you full a long time.Learn to apply self discipline and control and watch you cross the hurdles gradually.

You know when you try to adapt too quick then the fall might also come pretty heavy. In my thinking i can advice that the far you have come is great and you only need to continue working on the areas that you feel more burdened but only slightly each day. when you try to do everything all at once including locking out your family the experience may not be as sweet. Try alternating several weekends where you do the OMAD and the other you eat with the family and see how it works out. They will then gradually get used to it as you will.

All I can suggest is that you try as much as possible to change your schedule or days routine, it's the only way I see that can help you stop craving food when you are supposed to not eat at all.

Try doing more liquid, it can help you suppress your hunger when it's too much to bear. I do this most often and it helps me a lot.

Have you ever considered delegating the cooking duty to another member of your household? If you can do that, it would help you to stop craving to eat when cooking.

I am glad to hear you are doing better and have gone back on OMAD. I have also slipped after my first few months of OMAD for the same reason which was I felt stressed and felt like I needed a mental break but eventually I got back on the diet and feel like moving away from it only convinced me more that this was the best way to go since I did miss the feeling of fasting and feeling lighter and less bloated once I started eating more meals again. It's also really helpful when you get the support of your family as mine also are very supportive in not minding that I eat my dinner with them a lot earlier now too.

I would suggest to change your meal schedule near to your dinner, but do it slowly so that your body could cope up and adjust. Instead of taking a meal, try to drink water. It'll help you feel like your not hungry. On the same time, it can help you lose weight. Also, when starting with OMAD, do not exert to much energy on your day, so that you won't feel that tired and hungry at the of the day. Goodluck on your journey with OMAD, hoping you can adjust and make it. We'll always be here to help.

If we recount the hurdles we need to overcome with omad diet, we might not get anywhere with it,so it better we just get started and see how it goes.I always say fighting hunger pangs with OMAD needs determination, be determined and go with what works for you.You can take water intermittently to reduce hunger pang and give you renewed energy and when it meal time eat nutritious and fiber rich foods it will help keep you full a long time.Learn to apply self discipline and control and watch you cross the hurdles gradually.

It's always very difficult to adapt easily to being on OMAD especially if the person used to be a heavy eater who hardly cares what he eats, when he eats and how he eats. Such people normally have a difficult time getting on a diet and even when they do, their old eating habits keeps pushing them to fall back. My niece suffered from this situation, it really took her a while before she was able to get it under control.

It's always very difficult to adapt easily to being on OMAD especially if the person used to be a heavy eater who hardly cares what he eats, when he eats and how he eats. Such people normally have a difficult time getting on a diet and even when they do, their old eating habits keeps pushing them to fall back. My niece suffered from this situation, it really took her a while before she was able to get it under control.
Definitely starting OMAD and getting it right is never a one time thing but we don't need to dwell on the barriers because we might not go far with that, it better that we focus on the goal.I had the same problem because I really used to like food but what has really helped me is the goal I just to achieve which I know its for my good.So I need to make up my mind and if others realize this it will a lot easier to stay on OMAD.

Definitely starting OMAD and getting it right is never a one time thing but we don't need to dwell on the barriers because we might not go far with that, it better that we focus on the goal.I had the same problem because I really used to like food but what has really helped me is the goal I just to achieve which I know its for my good.So I need to make up my mind and if others realize this it will a lot easier to stay on OMAD.

Exactly! I was misguided that my niece might have been the only who faced such problems with falling out with OMAD on more than one occasion, but with getting to read the experiences of so many of other people in the community, and seeing some had stopped and resumed so many times, it became clear that what matters is having the willingness not to quit but having the courage to start again.

It is not always easy to push it through with Omad. I just read the second post you made about your family now being supportive of your plans of doing Omad and all I could say is that that is why the family is there. Try and remain committed for when I began doing Omad, weekends are always a difficult window for me as well.

Exactly! I was misguided that my niece might have been the only who faced such problems with falling out with OMAD on more than one occasion, but with getting to read the experiences of so many of other people in the community, and seeing some had stopped and resumed so many times, it became clear that what matters is having the willingness not to quit but having the courage to start again.
I agree with you too my friend. I also used to think that when I did not abide by the code say for two days in a week then I was the worst individual at commitment. However, being on this platform has enabled me to know that numerous other dieters face the same problems and the only way to overcome it is to stay strong. this platform has nonetheless assisted me all through with constant motivation.

I agree with you too my friend. I also used to think that when I did not abide by the code say for two days in a week then I was the worst individual at commitment. However, being on this platform has enabled me to know that numerous other dieters face the same problems and the only way to overcome it is to stay strong. this platform has nonetheless assisted me all through with constant motivation.

For the record, I have come across so many other sites that focuses on dieting but I must confess that so far so good, this platform has been the best I've participated in. There is so many informative articles on how to get the best out OMAD here which are very useful. If you even want to get more information, you should visit the homepage more often.

For the record, I have come across so many other sites that focuses on dieting but I must confess that so far so good, this platform has been the best I've participated in. There is so many informative articles on how to get the best out OMAD here which are very useful. If you even want to get more information, you should visit the homepage more often.
Support, motivation, Information and many other numerous factors contribute to making this platform the best there is. I also had a problem keeping up with other sites mainly due to the fact that in many instances they tend to focus on one thing only which is getting you to take the diets they have set. Here there is freedom.