Odd spleen question...

First I need to say that I do have my annual physical in 3 weeks, but if this issue persists or worsens I fully intend on making an immediate appt with my Dr for it.

Now onto the question... Has anyone experienced or know anyone who experienced an enlarged spleen when they began fasting? Mine is definitely enlarged and has been since my 48 hour fast this past weekend. It isn't painful, just uncomfortable. Well there was a few seconds of pain this evening, but I had just finished my omad and took a few deep breaths. I just think there wasn't enough room for my spleen, stomach, and fully inflated lungs.

I know that with autophagy the body is cleaning itself much more rapidly than when not fasting, so I wasn't sure if my spleen could have somehow just got overwhelmed during my extended fast. I have no other symptoms for any illness I've read about that can cause an enlarged spleen.

I've had an enlarged spleen before when I had mono so I know what it feels like, which is unlike anything I've ever felt before. It can sometimes cause pain, but I more had the fullness and pressure. Some people never even feel it or have symptoms of it. But if you think you might have an enlarged spleen it's best to see your Dr. to figure out why.