Heartburn :(

I am about 22 hours into my fast and I have some pretty uncomfortable heartburn. Is this common? Is this something that will dissipate with time? Just curious if anyone else have had this symptom.

I have had nothing but water. A couple of cups of coffee very early in the day, but other than that, just water.

Thanks!

I am about 22 hours into my fast and I have some pretty uncomfortable heartburn. Is this common? Is this something that will dissipate with time? Just curious if anyone else have had this symptom.

I have had nothing but water. A couple of cups of coffee very early in the day, but other than that, just water.

Thanks!

Interesting....I am researching this and one thing I read is your body starts to prepare itself for a meal by ramping up the stomach acids. I have typically been opening up my window at 2pm and that's about when it hit. Fascinating! So hopefully my body learns quick it needs to hold off a few more hours!

Hi Monica,

Yes, I noticed I am more sensitive to heartburn from coffee when I am fasting. Anything that adds up more than 16 ounces throughout the day and I feel it. I take my coffee kinda strong though. I will say I notice more flatulence though than anything :eek:

Have you tried apple cider vinegar?
Not for this purpose, no. I tried awhile back and just could not get over the smell. I was literally so grossed out. LOL

Update though, yesterday was MUCH better than the day before. I am hoping it's just an adjustment period. :)

Make sure you are adding your ACV as one tablespoon to 8 ounces of water. The more you water it down the better. It is great for indigestion.

Thanks!

Heartburn isn't something that you should take lightly. It's a very serious medical problem and must be treated carefully to avoid any complications from the issue.

Most times, ulcer is the main cause of heartburn. My mother suffers from ulcer and it gives her serious heartburn. It's better that you go for a medical check up and know for sure the cause of your heartburn.

Good luck.

I can say that heartburns are forms of indigestion felt as a burning sensation in the chest all the way to the upper throat which is commonly caused by regurgutation of acid in the stomach. However, there are some remedies that can be utilize to lessen the acid content of the stomach and the most effective way is to drink a baking soda mixture. The preparation for this is to mixture 1/2-1 teaspoon of baking soda in one glass of water because baking soda is known as natural antacid but beware that this solution is contraindicated to people with high blood pressure and those who are pregnant. In that case, apple cider vinegar solution which contains, 2tsp of apple cider vinegar in half glass of water..

Heartburns happen when the acid from your stomach is slowly degrading stomach walls. What you should do is to drink plenty of water until you can’t feel the pain anymore. Thats what i always do wheni have heartburn and it always works. Cold water is the best

Heartburns happen when the acid from your stomach is slowly degrading stomach walls. What you should do is to drink plenty of water until you can’t feel the pain anymore. Thats what i always do wheni have heartburn and it always works. Cold water is the best

Maybe drinking lots of water works for you and I would say it's probably because body system differ sometimes. Drinking water doesn't have any positive effect in reducing my mother's heartburn, it's only taking Gestide syrup that helps to soothe the burns.

Heartburn is an irritation or the esophagus.It has no connection with the heart but the symptoms are similar to heart disease or heart attack.

Heartburn is an irritation or the esophagus.It has no connection with the heart but the symptoms are similar to heart disease or heart attack.

Now the question is what causes the heartburn? It's not a normal thing for someone to all of a sudden without having any health issues to develop heartburn without something causing it.

This is absolutely a side effect of fasting, and as far as I'm aware is actually quite common. I've personally found that my body actually becomes accustomed to any new eating schedule and eventually the heartburn goes away on its own.

If it is particularly severe, you should definitely address the issue, as excessive heartburn can lead to esophageal damage. The way I personally deal with acid reflux is by diluting it and neutralizing it through large amounts of water mixed with baking soda. I usually take about a half liter of water and mix it with around a teaspoon of baking soda and chug it down.

Water helps dilute the acids and the alkaline composition of baking soda neutralizes the acid in your stomach. Just watch out how much baking soda you consume if you use this method, as it contains a lot of sodium, since it's sodium bicarbonate after all.

This is absolutely a side effect of fasting, and as far as I'm aware is actually quite common. I've personally found that my body actually becomes accustomed to any new eating schedule and eventually the heartburn goes away on its own.

If it is particularly severe, you should definitely address the issue, as excessive heartburn can lead to esophageal damage. The way I personally deal with acid reflux is by diluting it and neutralizing it through large amounts of water mixed with baking soda. I usually take about a half liter of water and mix it with around a teaspoon of baking soda and chug it down.

Water helps dilute the acids and the alkaline composition of baking soda neutralizes the acid in your stomach. Just watch out how much baking soda you consume if you use this method, as it contains a lot of sodium, since it's sodium bicarbonate after all.

Water is a very good natural element that have so many health properties that cures lots of health problems. It helps to flush toxins out of one's system, keeps one free from some infection and equally helps to take care of heartburn. images (34).jpeg

Now as much as I would agree that water helps to stop heartburn problems, it still takes a lot of time to effect that cure which is why I prefer using Gestid suspension to treat the problem.

I would first consult a doctor before continuing on your diet. I agree that heartburn is very serious and could indicate a serious medical condition.Definitely don't have apple cider vinegar. The acidity in that could cause your heartburn to be worse. I agree that you may be having too many cups of coffee, especially on an empty stomach. Coffee is not recommended for people who have acid reflux so this maybe where your problems are coming from. I have a cup of coffee and through the day have green or purple tea. This normally does the trick for me. Stop the diet until you can get a definite solution preferably from a doctor.

There are some tips to avoid heartburn.After you eat, wait for 2-3 hours before you sleep.Avoid eating too much specially if you are prone to GERD,stop smoking and drinking alcohol.

I have the same issue and i usually just drink warm water, acid is natural on our digestive system because it helps in breaking down what we consume. The only problem is when there's too much acid on our digestive system. Warm water helps by diluting acid gas as it goes through our esophagus. It doesn't reduce acid but it helps in reducing pain.

Maybe drinking lots of water works for you and I would say it's probably because body system differ sometimes. Drinking water doesn't have any positive effect in reducing my mother's heartburn, it's only taking Gestide syrup that helps to soothe the burns.
Thats another option. Drinking plenty of water can reduce someones heartburn but in your mothers case. Its acidic enough that even water cant neutralize it. Im fobd of drinking water. Maybe thats why every illness i have can be reduced by water alone.