Good days and bad days with omad diet...looking for some encouragement

After doing one meal a day. I see there are good and bad days for me, like today. My eating window is 2:00 to 3:00 pm I had to go for a lunch meeting at 12:30 today. I though I will be fine with that one meal but I was hungry like a horse
1f40e.png
, I kept on eating something or the other after that. And now I feel miserable
1f616.png
. I feel I am more of a emotional eater than a hungry eater. Please help me control me anxiety by giving some tips. The moment I feel anxiety I look for food
1f958.png
. I know it’s so bad but honestly I don’t know how to control.
1f61e.png
please help

J

Jaylow

Don't beat yourself up.
Tomorrow is another day. You can do this. It can be hard at times, but once you become accustomed to it, it's a very good lifestyle.

Craving for food is also my fear of OMAD because I am also an emotional eater that maybe I grew fat because of stress and not really due to hunger. Anyway, I am taking it slowly now and getting a good control of my hunger. Having skipped dinner for a week now is a clear pathway to OMAD when I drop the breakfast. I have noticed that your window is just 1 hour. I have seen some discussions that the window period can be 4 hours. Perhaps you can try the 4-hour window to lessen your fasting period that will give your stomach an easier time.

Try the night eating window. In that way you can atually eat on emergency when it is in the morning or the afternoon. It is the last hour of the day so it is your choice to eat. Rather than the early morning where there are lots of temptaions.

First of all, show some compassion to yourself. Okay, so you weren’t as strict with your diet as you’d like to be—there’s no reason to beat yourself up over it. Feeling bad or disappointed with yourself is only going to make it more likely for you to do it again.

Second, I recommend you look into meditation. Not only would it be a good practice to improve self-compassion, but meditation is fantastic for helping with both anxiety and self-disciplinary issues, both of which you seem to have. Give it a try, there are plenty of guides and resources available online.

Nothing has ever been achieved in a day so you don't need to beat yourself for a little cravings here and there.the best bet is to get up whenever you fail and try again. Try to get food off your mind and focus more on other activities in the day. Good luck.

I think one of the great things about this diet is that it's not as restrictive or strict so whenever I fall off and have to eat earlier on some days or even kind of cheat and have two small meals close together instead of just one big one on other days, I try not to feel too guilty about it as I don't think the damage is that great and also fasting and getting back on routine should already fix that so I don't take it too hard. As for the emotional eating part, I think for the long term it's best to deal with what's bothering you mentally, but in the meantime, not feeling too guilty about small slip ups on the your diet routine can also help a lot as well since it is a major contributor to a bad cycle sometimes when we allow ourselves to feel too guilty for such a small misstep and we end up taking bigger missteps because of the guilt.