First day!

Hello Everyone! I am no stranger to fasting, my last fast was three days. I've been reading a lot about fasting and the benefits. Three days was a little rough, not because of hunger but I was experiencing "foggy brain" & working at a job where I multitask all day it was difficult. I think a 23 hour fast will be okay. I mostly do a vegan keto which is high fat low carbs. It's worked for me, I've lost 20 pounds and I have about 15 more to go.

Jimmy Swartz

Administrator
Staff member
Hello Everyone! I am no stranger to fasting, my last fast was three days. I've been reading a lot about fasting and the benefits. Three days was a little rough, not because of hunger but I was experiencing "foggy brain" & working at a job where I multitask all day it was difficult. I think a 23 hour fast will be okay. I mostly do a vegan keto which is high fat low carbs. It's worked for me, I've lost 20 pounds and I have about 15 more to go.

Hi @VeganLeslie and welcome to the forums! Congrats on your 20 pound weight loss! Keep us updated on the rest of your journey. We are happy to have you here!

I am interested in learning more about vegan keto, @VeganLeslie . I have been eating mostly plant-based, but still add things like cheese and eggs and occasional meat to my diet.
I like adding legumes, and love red beans added into my salads, but beans and peas are not low carb/keto. As long as it is only one meal a day, even with added beans and peas to my salad, it is still fairly low carb, and some days I just add an avocado and a bit of cheese instead.