Drinking more water with eating one meal a day Omad

Status
Not open for further replies.
My biggest problem with OMAD is im not drinking enough water because i don't like water.... What can I do to to make this situation better? I don't want to break my fast, but am looking for alternatives other than water that I can use with omad. What are your tips, suggestions, advice?

I would buy some lemons and limes and add it to your water. You could also drink sparkling water as well. There is something called Perrier that I drink.

Distilled water may be something you find different , there's a different taste then spring water or tap water .. You may like it?

I force myself to carry around a bottle of water, or if I'm at home, a tall glass of water. Then I find myself drinking it just cause it's there. Also, your body is dehydrated after a night of sleep. In the morning, I always grab some tea, and while it's heating I fill a large glass of water and drink it and then I drink tea while I go about my morning, usually while I'm sitting down on my favorite chair doing my morning prayer time with God or reading the newspaper. It's pretty convenient that way. There are times I get hunger pangs, and I make sure I have water handy. Usually if its around then I just drink it.

Last edited:
Flavored water (crystal light) has been a lifesaver for me. I do drink mostly water, but sometimes I need something different and having some crystal light helps satisfy me until my next meal.

If you look on the site page "Liquids on the OMAD diet- what you can drink" https://omaddiet.com/omad-diet-liquids/ you will see that bone broth and vegetable vegan broth are allowed. I think that we can get dehydrated and the salt in the broth helps us hang on to our liquid better. Anyway, I noticed a big difference in my hunger level when I consume broth- I usually heat some up in a mug- usually watered down 50%--- but that's just me.

Attachments

• upload_2018-1-31_15-3-28.png
    upload_2018-1-31_15-3-28.png
    608.3 KB · Views: 2
If you look on the site page "Liquids on the OMAD diet- what you can drink" https://omaddiet.com/omad-diet-liquids/ you will see that bone broth and vegetable vegan broth are allowed. I think that we can get dehydrated and the salt in the broth helps us hang on to our liquid better. Anyway, I noticed a big difference in my hunger level when I consume broth- I usually heat some up in a mug- usually watered down 50%--- but that's just me.

Thanks for this. It's been awhile since I've been on here, but I found this article to be very helpful. Bone broth is honestly something I never even thought of but am going to give it a go.

I have an advantage on this because I am used to drinking lots of water as prescribed by the doctor. I had kidney stones that were twice removed and now I have the 3rd occurrence which is tamed by an herbal concoction and more water. I guess it is working because it’s been more than 10 years since the last symptom manifested. With more water in OMAD I can just be normal with it.

I think you can add flavour to your water to sweetened it.I had the same problem initially because I didn't like plain water that much so I started adding lemon once in a while to it.So you can do same.it will be of help.

I think you can add flavour to your water to sweetened it.I had the same problem initially because I didn't like plain water that much so I started adding lemon once in a while to it.So you can do same.it will be of help.

Me too and what I did was I made lemon water and it became my staple drink when I was on regular OMAD. Also drinking a lot of green tea both hot and cold is really effective in both hydration and weight-loss .

I would suggest that you should make tea your immediate alternative since it's obvious that you are not in good terms with drinking water. Although, I'm not sure the reason for this your avarice towards water but I would still advice forcing yourself to drink more water because water will always be different to any other liquid intake.

Status
Not open for further replies.