Do's and Dont's of Eating one Meal a Day

Don't watch the food channels, chew sugarless gum and drink lots of water.
I'd add, don't forget to get your electrolytes. Some people buy water with electrolytes in it. I just drink a cup of broth in the morning, and sometimes water with a pinch of salt in it, if I get hungry again. It really takes the edge off. Oh and keep busy. Have a to-do list. A lot of times we want to eat because we're bored.

I'd add, don't forget to get your electrolytes. Some people buy water with electrolytes in it. I just drink a cup of broth in the morning, and sometimes water with a pinch of salt in it, if I get hungry again. It really takes the edge off. Oh and keep busy. Have a to-do list. A lot of times we want to eat because we're bored.
Electrolytes is good to my diet but it's a bit costly. I'll try the water with a pinch of salt.

Electrolytes is good to my diet but it's a bit costly. I'll try the water with a pinch of salt.
I thought at first that it might be too costly, but then discovered many long term omad'ers drink broth through out the day... plus this is a lifestyle for me, that is my goal, so I'd rather slower weight loss with more electrolytes, rather than quicker - more hungry- and more water loss-weight loss since it will be harder to sustain. Slow and steady wins the race...for me in my case. Each person has to run their own race. I know the broth is a crutch but it makes sense to me and really takes the edge off hunger...

I thought at first that it might be too costly, but then discovered many long term omad'ers drink broth through out the day... plus this is a lifestyle for me, that is my goal, so I'd rather slower weight loss with more electrolytes, rather than quicker - more hungry- and more water loss-weight loss since it will be harder to sustain. Slow and steady wins the race...for me in my case. Each person has to run their own race. I know the broth is a crutch but it makes sense to me and really takes the edge off hunger...
Which electrolytes do you use, Shelly? I made my own -cream of tartar, pink salt, and kamu in water , but I also take magnesium glycinate capsules. I looked at the ready ones, but most of them have very small amounts of potassium, magnesium and other minerals and are quite pricey. Also they use magnesium citrate, which messes with my stomach.

Which electrolytes do you use, Shelly? I made my own -cream of tartar, pink salt, and kamu in water , but I also take magnesium glycinate capsules. I looked at the ready ones, but most of them have very small amounts of potassium, magnesium and other minerals and are quite pricey. Also they use magnesium citrate, which messes with my stomach.
I drink mushroom broth or any broth that is 15 calories or less. Mushroom broth tastes good, and is 5 calories per 8 oz cup. Sometimes, to give it a more Asian flavor, I'll add a 1/2 teaspoon of soy sauce- depending on my mood. Sometimes I'll just drink a cup of hot or cold water with a 1/4 lemon squeezed into it and a pinch of iodized salt.

I drink mushroom broth or any broth that is 15 calories or less. Mushroom broth tastes good, and is 5 calories per 8 oz cup. Sometimes, to give it a more Asian flavor, I'll add a 1/2 teaspoon of soy sauce- depending on my mood. Sometimes I'll just drink a cup of hot or cold water with a 1/4 lemon squeezed into it and a pinch of iodized salt.
Mushroom broth sounds good. You make your own or buy premade?

Mushroom broth sounds good. You make your own or buy premade?
I buy mine from the grocery store called Jewel. I checked Walmart today and they don't have it :( Jewel has it though! Sometimes for variety, I'll add a 1/2 teaspoon of soy sauce to give it a more Asian flavor. Yummy! 8 oz of broth is 5 calories

Thanks for tip. I'm figuring out how to get on board *time to eat meal, *length of eating window(vegan, slow eater)How many cups maximum do you recommend?

It's very hard for me to eat just one meal in day, being a heavy eater that I'm, it's too difficult for me to be able to mange that.

I would have said let me compliment one meal with snacks but junk food isn't good for one looking lose weight.

What can I do about this predicament of mine?

Daytime is rather easy, it´s to get out of the house and find interesting things to do. Evenings are harder my solution is to not have snack things available – that I have to decide when I am shopping so I have a note to shop from and if I get an impulse to buy something else, the rule is that I have to call an OA friend or my daughter and negotiate... as I live with my daughter I need to have bread, cheese and butter in the house. I made them unaailable by installeing a "fridge locker " a little box with a combination lock that has room for butter, cheese and other tempting stuff. So far I have not been forced to get a box with lock also for pantry stuff like bread – if I can´t have the butter on it, it is not that tempting... My strategy is to keep only foods that need preparing, I get hunger and cravings but the danger lies in having easy-to-get things available when I do. So I keep them away. Going to the grocery store after three in the afternoon is also very dangerous – I have solved it by shopping before I do whatever I drove to town to do... if the weather is warm I bring a cooler that keeps the food cool for some hours.

Getting out of the house was the biggest thing for me and away from all the temptations. The more I kept my mind away from the temptations, the easier it was.
I highly agree with this. I find that even if I just get out and go for a walk if I'm starting to feel like I'm getting snacky, then by the time I'm out and getting some fresh air I lose that feeling of needing to eat. Most of the time for me, excess eating is completely a product of boredom (or other emotions!) rather than any real hunger cues.

I eat once a day, but I actually split my meal into two. I have a snack of fried egg, two tablespoons of beans and some vegetables at around 6.00 pm, then at around 8.00 pm I have my dinner. I find this helps to keep me full, sometimes I can't even finish my dinner.The advantage of OMAD is that after you have been on it for a while you stop thinking about food. You also stop being hungry all the time, and even if you take a break( which I think you need to otherwise your metabolism slows down)you tend to eat less and have less cravings.

To achieve OMAD, you should drink plenty of water and keep yourself busy. Keeping yourself busy helps your mind not to focus on hunger but on other things. Trick your own mind and start motivating yourself

To achieve OMAD, you should drink plenty of water and keep yourself busy. Keeping yourself busy helps your mind not to focus on hunger but on other things. Trick your own mind and start motivating yourself

This is so very true. I tend to get hungry more often when I'm lazy at home doing nothing. I observed this during my work holidays, I tend to eat more than 5 times before nightfall and still wake up at midnight sometimes to eat snacks. But when I'm awfully committed with less time to breathe, I don't even remember food or hungry until around 18:00 GMT, making it just one meal for me in a day.

do's:
water therapy (not cold)
drink herbal tea
eat green vegetables
1 or 2 fruit in one day
regular exercise
don't go outside the house as possible (there is so much temptations outside the house)

don'ts:
eat too much carbs (don't eat carbs if possible)
eat sweets
eat salty food
eat oily food
don't drink softdrink, soda juices JUST WATER.

These are just basics so I hope these will help you guys.

Here are some do's and don'ts during OMAD Diet.Do's-keep on drinking water or stay hydrated,exercise regularly or go to gym for workouts,keep on eating healthy foods such as fruits and vegetables.Don'ts-don't use OMAD if you have medical condition such as diabetes and lastly avoid eating unhealthy foods such as junk foods and avoid too much sweets.