Dieting with a group

I remember when I first tried dieting, it was with my friends. When the topic of our conversation turned to dieting, there was a consensus that we challenge ourselves on a fruit and vegetables diet. That was my first try and I have to admit that I lasted only 3 days or should I say I quit on the 3rd day. Maybe it is more fun to be dieting with a group because the motivation is stronger. However, that is only effective if you meet with the group every day otherwise it will look like you are by your lonesome in your dieting.

I tried this before but we end up that we encouraged each other to be have a good and healthy lifestyle that was really good for us and for everyone.

I have tried dieting with a group of my friends and I must say that motivation was high, resistance and workout worked all great, I lost more than 12 kilograms in 4 months, now I am dieting alone and is a bit harder because when I am going out with my friends they eat junk food, drink beer and I am just looking at them.

Working with a group of like minds bring much more effective result because each member will be motivating the next person,I tried this with my exercises and it working perfectly fine.one can join an effective group

I've never felt like this was necessary for me. It may be helpful for others but to me fixing my diet and lifestyle is a personal mission and only I can really understand what has to be done for me to get to my own goal. However, a support group such as this forum is always helpful even to someone like me who considers the journey a bit more personal, since it's not exactly me just relying on others to diet with but more so just support for my own questions and also reading other people's stories and learning that some of my challenges are normal helps a lot too.

In having a diet group i think the key is passing motivation specially when one is down. In a group, its wise to take care of each others progress because any problems with one affects all.

I am also with you @Naomi on this one. I have never gatheted a couple of my friends to do such a challenge. I however think from the earlier engagements I have had with groups that the effectiveness will be much higher. The motivation definitely plays a huge role.