Counting Calories and Macros with omad?

For those who do one meal a day, do you count your calories and macros with omad? I'm just curious because I'm trying to figure out what I should be eating for my one meal.

I don't count calories no more, just eat until I feel full but not overly stuffed. Theres no need to count calories on omad.

S

Stachen

I don't think it matters much. If you like to count and it helps, then by all means count. Don't think you have to stop just because other people don't count.

I used to count everything but I've eased in to appetite control and no longer feel the need to. Plus the counting was starting to get on my nerves

Jimmy Swartz

Administrator
Staff member
For those who do one meal a day, do you count your calories and macros with omad? I'm just curious because I'm trying to figure out what I should be eating for my one meal.

Hi Judy. With one meal a day, there is no need for calorie counting. However, as you move forward, I always encourage a healthy lifestyle which includes getting the food groups in your meals.

No I don't longer count calories.i think the beautiful thing about OMAD is the right of eating whatever we love only during our eating window.So I eat healthily despite that but no calories counting for me.

I use an app called Carbmanager to track my food intake; but I don’t do it because of OMAD, I do that because of eating a low carb diet. I have found that since I also started intermittant fasting, and usually doing one meal a day, I can be more lenient on what kinds of carbs I allow, and have added a little more fruit back into my diet. I think that because of the one meal, and then fasting, it burns up the sugar and puts me back into fat-burning mode better than if I were eating 3 meals a day, even when they are low carb.
What I do try to do , is to eat healthy, natural foods, so that I get the nutrients from what I eat. I will still have treats with my meal on occasion, but just not very often, so that it does not get to be a habit.
I know that some people do fine with just having the one meal, and eat whatever they want for that meal, and still lose weight; but for me, it works better when I manage my carb intake.