Chili Recipe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know where I can find a really good healthy chili recipe? I'm not too much into chili that is hot, just looking for something that is really healthy.

Try BBQ CHICKEN CHILI

• 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 cup red onion, diced
  • 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and diced
  • 2 garlic cloves, minced
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons smoked paprika
  • 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons chili powder
  • 1 tablespoon ground cumin
  • 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
  • 1 teaspoon kosher salt
  • pinch of red pepper flakes
  • 12 oz cooked boneless, skinless chicken breasts, shredded
  • 12-oz jar roasted red peppers in water, drained and chopped
  • 1 1/2 cups canned cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
  • 1 1/2 cups canned kidney beans, rinsed and drained
  • 3 cups low sodium chicken stock
  • 1 28-oz can diced tomatoes
  • 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
  • 11 tablespoons reduced fat cheddar cheese, for topping
  • chopped cilantro, for topping

Here's an easy chili con carne recipe that I'm using, it's very simple to make and in the recipe he used canned black beans but I really like kidney beans more so you can opt for canned kidney beans if you like.

Here's a recipe that I would really like to do, it's the 2018 chili cooking champ recipe.

Another chili recipe that I like is this one...

Here's an easy chili con carne recipe that I'm using, it's very simple to make and in the recipe he used canned black beans but I really like kidney beans more so you can opt for canned kidney beans if you like.

Here's a recipe that I would really like to do, it's the 2018 chili cooking champ recipe.

All of those options look fabulous! You’ve got me craving chili now — it’s such a good hearty meal! I love chili served over a baked sweet potato...delicious!

I have a fairly basic chili con carne recipe that I use. I wouldn't say that it is exactly a health food, but nothing about it is particularly unhealthy either. I don't have it written down, but off the top of my head, the recipe goes something like:

1 large onion
1 red pepper
2 cloves of garlic
1 tsp of hot chili powder (or to taste, depending on your tolerance for heat)
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp ground cumin
500g of lean minced pork (or beef, but pork is more common in my area)
1 beef stock cube
400g chopped tomatoes
2 tbsp tomato puree
400g of beans (your choice, but kidney beans are most common for chili)

Like I said, I wouldn't exactly call it a health food, but it's pretty healthy so long as you're using a lean minced meat instead of ones with fattier ratios. Sometimes I actually skip the meat entirely and add more beans and about 250g of corn for a vegetarian version.

It's worth seeing these videos you posted. I would love to try this recipes. Spicy dishes are good especially during winter.

I like a bit of chili in my food to the degree of Spanish paprika which I find spicy but not really that chilli if that makes any sense. It gives the food a zing without burning your tongue off. I always appreciate a new receipe because I get inspiration for my own recipes which I like to play around with. However the recipe above has too much chilli for my liking. Imagine a receipe that has chilli powder and jalapeno,OMG! Unless you are used to this degree of hot, you need an ocean to cool off.

The fastest chili recipe I've encountered so far is a recipe of a friend of mine it uses a can of Corned Beef an 2 cans of cook chili beans. Here's the recipe...

1 can Corned Beef
2 cans cooked chili beans in tomato sauce.
1 big white onion chopped.
1/2 tsp. Paprika
Cheese
Salt, Pepper, Sugar to taste.

Sautee Corned Beef and onion in a little oil, mix in paprika.

Pour in 2 cans cof cooked chili beans bring into a boil.

Mix in some cheese.

Season with salt, pepper, sugar.

You can cook this in 10 minutes.

My traditional chili recipe includes ground beef. But I have tried chili made with chicken or turkey. I have NEVER tried chili made with canned corned beef. That sounds very unusual.

At any rate, after years of trying different recipes, I finally came up with one that my entire family seems to like.
https://eeschannel.blogspot.com/2017/12/foodie-friday-yacr-yet-another-chili.html
Canned Corned Beef Chili taste really great. I used the Canned Chunky Corned Beef variant or the Canned Long Shred Corned Beef variant I pantry it a bit before mixing it into the sauteed cooked beans.

Does anyone know where I can find a really good healthy chili recipe? I'm not too much into chili that is hot, just looking for something that is really healthy.
Here's a really healthy and easy chili recipe using ground turkey for a leaner chili meat option. It's very good and tasty and I have tried this recipe using ground chicken breasts and it taste great. Here's the recipe....

Status
Not open for further replies.