Started today!

I think the main activity must be on face book as they have 2 fb pages but I plan to post in both / just started day 3 all is well drinking lots of water though weekend will be the first real challenge

Oh I see I don’t have Facebook so that stinks ! How is it going can you tell me a little of what your one meals consist of ?

Also being my second day I am a little hungry I ate at 3:00 pm yesterday and I’m wondering do we need to try to keep it to the same window period everyday ?

So day one. So far so good LOL. Hoping to lose 60 lbs. Will keep you all posted Best wishes
Also being my second day I am a little hungry I ate at 3:00 pm yesterday and I’m wondering do we need to try to keep it to the same window period everyday ?

Hi! Welcome! You will want to try to keep eating in the same 4 hour window everyday following the 4 ones rule.

12 days in feeling better already have my meal at 6pm and I find that about 2pm I feel hungry but with my meal only 4 hours away it’s not long to wait and black coffee gets me across the line

I have never been good at following diets but this one seems to be different. It is really achievable and really fits my time poor life and limits the impact of my non diet supportive spouse. One of the best things is I just cook and eat a normal dinner with some extra salad or veg to get me through the next 23

I have never been good at following diets but this one seems to be different. It is really achievable and really fits my time poor life and limits the impact of my non diet supportive spouse. One of the best things is I just cook and eat a normal dinner with some extra salad or veg to get me through the next 23
I was never good at following diets either until I discovered OMAD...I can eat a lot so by constricting my food to 1 meal works great :)

I agree, counting points and calories is unsustainable when life gets busy. Also, when counting calories, at most, I was able to lose betweein 2 1/2 to 4 lbs per month- if I was really good. Life would get busy, then my diet would hit the fan... This one is a no brainer. Eat once a day till full, and try and get healthy in included. I usually start eating healthy stuff while prepping dinner, to make sure I get enough in!

What are the proper meals should I be eating. Wanting to start Omad but I want to make sure I'm getting the most out of my one meal and thought maybe it would be a good idea to assure I'm getting the proper nutrients.

A balanced diet and to pay attention to macro nutrients: carbs, fats, and proteins. Plus pay attention to Potassium. The heart and muscles need potassium to function properly. So many dieters leave out potatoes (best source of potassium), bananas, and dates, avocado, squash spinach etc, ...But then are shocked when their heart beats start racing or missing beats while they're dieting. That's why I like OMAD, it isn't a diet, and you can eat 'carbs' like squash, potatoes, things with nutrients, Also, you need your electrolytes: Some people drink bone or chicken broth during their fasting times which both have electrolytes. Don't cut out all salt, as low salt levels cause all sorts of problems, so keep up your electrolytes. (One nutritionist said that he puts a pinch of salt in his water in the morning while on OMAD.)
This first month I just tried to figure out the diet and get used to the habit. Some days I ate poorly, but used those days as teaching moments. Last night I went on-line and you-tubed wonderful salads with nuts, seeds, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, various lettuces, veggies, proteins etc. Just finished a hearty salad for my OMAD today, with banana slices, dates, nuts, boiled egg, tomatoes, spinach, lettuce, avocado (half), and beans etc. But That isn't enough to keep me full, so I'll have a sandwich too, or something to make it stick. I think an important point I read about OMAD was that variety is really important as your body needs nutrients. Also, I take women's vitamins, and various supplements (the same ones I was taking before OMAD).

Last edited:
I forgot to mention "Whole Foods." Whole foods are foods as close to their natural state as possible. I'd tried OMAD a few years ago, but had mood swings, and migraines. My diet back then consisted of mostly processed foods. Over time I'd switched to whole foods. When I tried OMAD again A month ago, there were no migraines and no mood swings. Whole foods are unprocessed foods. Instead of a box of dried mashed potatoes, I use real potatoes and make my own. Instead of bread, I'll use brown rice (preferred) or a combination of white and brown rice if cooking for my family-who prefer the mix. Dessert is usually fruit or dates etc. It really helps. Also, whole foods means unbreaded fish or meats- though I had Fried fish recently because that was my only option where I was, and just considered what I could do better the next time I went out to eat. Also, I limit bread as much as possible, and try to find other ways to eat instead. Bread is as processed as you can get. While I don't eat it every day, I have it as a treat once in awhile.

I forgot to mention "Whole Foods." Whole foods are foods as close to their natural state as possible. I'd tried OMAD a few years ago, but had mood swings, and migraines. My diet back then consisted of mostly processed foods. Over time I'd switched to whole foods. When I tried OMAD again A month ago, there were no migraines and no mood swings. Whole foods are unprocessed foods. Instead of a box of dried mashed potatoes, I use real potatoes and make my own. Instead of bread, I'll use brown rice (preferred) or a combination of white and brown rice if cooking for my family-who prefer the mix. Dessert is usually fruit or dates etc. It really helps. Also, whole foods means unbreaded fish or meats- though I had Fried fish recently because that was my only option where I was, and just considered what I could do better the next time I went out to eat. Also, I limit bread as much as possible, and try to find other ways to eat instead. Bread is as processed as you can get. While I don't eat it every day, I have it as a treat once in awhile.
Thank you for those tips and information, it looks like I have to prepare my food for OMAD I usually just order foods and eat whatever available at home. How much time you usually spent to prepare your food?

Thank you for those tips and information, it looks like I have to prepare my food for OMAD I usually just order foods and eat whatever available at home. How much time you usually spent to prepare your food?
Depends. The trick is to eat till you're full! I always start with a salad and fruit( an orange and banana with every meal) - which can make you feel full only temporarily, so you have to make sure you have other 'real' food too. Sometimes I make easy food like brown rice and fried eggs and beans to go with it. Or I'll have leftovers that my family ate the night before. I sometimes cook for the family after I've eaten, if I'm too hungry to wait. I make steak, or burgers, or tacos, or chicken, or anything I want with healthy sides. A friend of mine says, that if it has more than 3 or 4 or 5 ingredients, it's too complicated :) But sometimes, if I'm craving something, I'll take the extra time and make really yummy stuff that might take hours. Just depends on my moods. But I have to cook when my husband is home- but if he's working out of town, I take it easy on the cooking: then fried eggs and sausage and rice to go with salad and fruit. Also, if I'm craving stuff, I have it with my meal, usually afterwards as a dessert. I've found that when I started I ate more garbage (sweets and chips etc) - and way more food- I still eat till I'm full, but need less treats, or smaller amounts of them and some days nothing sweet (except healthy sweets like bananas, dates, prunes,) other days I have chocolate or candy for dessert- or whatever I want- just a little satisfies the cravings. (weight loss is quicker when I don't eat sweets- but I"m in it for the long haul- so making this a lifestyle choice makes me not in too much of a hurry. I'm trying to make this a habit, not a race in weight loss. There are easy foods to get. If you go to some grocery stores, they have lunch and dinner salad and food bars where you can buy whole foods already prepared! I've done that a few times when I was hungry and desperate for my meal and had no time, or didn't want to prepare food. Our grocery store food bars have salads, cooked squash, meats etc. But it's easy to throw a buttered potato (unpeeled preferred) in the microwave for 2 1/2 or 3 minutes, add butter, salt and pepper and there is a nutritious carb to add to your meal that will stick and keep you from hunger to eat with your meal. Easy food includes oatmeal with apples and raisins and cinnamon, etc. Google quick whole food meals. There are zillions of recipes out there. Good luck! You can get cooked veggies at some of those Asian restaurants or Asian fast food places, to go with your meat, etc. Make this work for you!

Last edited:
Depends. The trick is to eat till you're full! I always start with a salad and fruit( an orange and banana with every meal) - which can make you feel full only temporarily, so you have to make sure you have other 'real' food too. Sometimes I make easy food like brown rice and fried eggs and beans to go with it. Or I'll have leftovers that my family ate the night before. I sometimes cook for the family after I've eaten, if I'm too hungry to wait. I make steak, or burgers, or tacos, or chicken, or anything I want with healthy sides. A friend of mine says, that if it has more than 3 or 4 or 5 ingredients, it's too complicated :) But sometimes, if I'm craving something, I'll take the extra time and make really yummy stuff that might take hours. Just depends on my moods. But I have to cook when my husband is home- but if he's working out of town, I take it easy on the cooking: then fried eggs and sausage and rice to go with salad and fruit. Also, if I'm craving stuff, I have it with my meal, usually afterwards as a dessert. I've found that when I started I ate more garbage (sweets and chips etc) - and way more food- I still eat till I'm full, but need less treats, or smaller amounts of them and some days nothing sweet (except healthy sweets like bananas, dates, prunes,) other days I have chocolate or candy for dessert- or whatever I want- just a little satisfies the cravings. (weight loss is quicker when I don't eat sweets- but I"m in it for the long haul- so making this a lifestyle choice makes me not in too much of a hurry. I'm trying to make this a habit, not a race in weight loss. There are easy foods to get. If you go to some grocery stores, they have lunch and dinner salad and food bars where you can buy whole foods already prepared! I've done that a few times when I was hungry and desperate for my meal and had no time, or didn't want to prepare food. Our grocery store food bars have salads, cooked squash, meats etc. But it's easy to throw a buttered potato (unpeeled preferred) in the microwave for 2 1/2 or 3 minutes, add butter, salt and pepper and there is a nutritious carb to add to your meal that will stick and keep you from hunger to eat with your meal. Easy food includes oatmeal with apples and raisins and cinnamon, etc. Google quick whole food meals. There are zillions of recipes out there. Good luck! You can get cooked veggies at some of those Asian restaurants or Asian fast food places, to go with your meat, etc. Make this work for you!

Also, Someone asked about black rice. I see the comment has disappeared. Sorry, was real busy yesterday. Whoever it was, I' meant to respond. I hadn't tried it, but now I will! Thanks for the tip! The person who posted said that black rice was even healthier than brown rice. The problem is getting me family to eat it too! Maybe I'll make enough just for me and make them jealous! Any recipes would be appreciated. If I find one, I'll post it.