Article or Tool Suggestions

Jimmy Swartz

Administrator
Staff member
We would love to hear about any suggestions you have for content or tools. We are always looking to provide accurate information and resources to help you succeed and would love to hear your suggestions about what would help you!

As an owner of another forum (in a another language and about a different subject), I want to suggest to install the following plugins which I have installed in my forum:

• Add the "Unread posts" link to the forum main menu. It should display the list of the topics which have posts the user has not read yet.

• Email notice about quoting. The author of the quoted post receives an email with the link to the post which contains the quote.

• User mentioning mechanism (BB code [user]<user name>[/user]). The user, whose name was mentioned in that BB code, receives an email with the link to the post where he/she was mentioned.

• The micro-profile (user info under the avatar) should contain this info:
registration date
number of posts
number of likes
sex

• Similar topic service. When user starts to create a new topic and types the title, existing topics with the entered words should be displayed. Maybe, such a topic already exist, so the user can write there instead of creating a duplicate. Alse, when an existing topic is opened, the list of a few (5-10) similar topics (if exist) should be displayed at the bottom.

• BB codes validation before save (with error message if needed). For example, the closing bb code is missed, or bb codes are nested incorrectly.

Good luck!

Last edited:
I think as a newbie what bothers me is the "add a site" which is I don't know if it's necessary. And also how to do it so I guess just make a little video of what is really important or basic need to do here for a newbie can understand.