Omad and keto diet

I thought about it. I tried it for like a week. I feel that it's too restricting and unrealistic for me to continue as a lifestyle. But that's just me!

I used to, but I prefer not to add too many restrictions. The eating window is my only restriction. But there are many people who combine the two and love it!

Works well when I'm working night shifts a lot...I only eat around supper time then head to work and sleep most of the day.

I practice OMAD and Keto. I found it restricting at first but I decided to start trying recipes and putting my best foot forward. It's working for me because I don't handle grains and carbs well. And I love the freedom of not having to worry about breakfast and lunch. I pack my water and my coffee. Since I only eat once a day I find myself craving healthier options. I joined a Keto recipe group and we share recipes and ideas. I have made some really good bread substitutes that are very satisfying and low carb.

I practice OMAD and Keto. I found it restricting at first but I decided to start trying recipes and putting my best foot forward. It's working for me because I don't handle grains and carbs well. And I love the freedom of not having to worry about breakfast and lunch. I pack my water and my coffee. Since I only eat once a day I find myself craving healthier options. I joined a Keto recipe group and we share recipes and ideas. I have made some really good bread substitutes that are very satisfying and low carb.

Awesome

i found relief in my joints when i gave up gluten, processed sugars..etc.. I dont want those things back in my body regardless if i do OMAD or not. Ive come to far to feel that miserable again.

I am OMAD and LCHF (close to zero carb). After a few weeks I plan to go to a less drastic keto plan where I make the recipes that contain veggies and things like coconut and almond flour, but for now I am eating meat, eggs, and cheese only. I love OMAD, as it takes away so much of the stress I have had. I work overnights and don't have access to a kitchen. I no longer feel like I need to bring snacks to work which makes it much easier. I spend less money as I no longer buy snacks when I am out and about. No eating in the car, no wondering when and what I'm going to eat for the rest of the day, and a lot less cooking. Also no fast food, as I refuse to spend enough to sustain me for a whole day and throw the bun and other high carb sides away. The only problem I sometimes have is getting my calories in all in one meal without feeling too full, but I do like the fact that I can eat enough to be satisfied. The trick to that, I think, is to eat high fat, calorie dense food so that I can be sustained but not eat too much quantity.

1mad

I am OMAD and LCHF (close to zero carb). After a few weeks I plan to go to a less drastic keto plan where I make the recipes that contain veggies and things like coconut and almond flour, but for now I am eating meat, eggs, and cheese only. I love OMAD, as it takes away so much of the stress I have had. I work overnights and don't have access to a kitchen. I no longer feel like I need to bring snacks to work which makes it much easier. I spend less money as I no longer buy snacks when I am out and about. No eating in the car, no wondering when and what I'm going to eat for the rest of the day, and a lot less cooking. Also no fast food, as I refuse to spend enough to sustain me for a whole day and throw the bun and other high carb sides away. The only problem I sometimes have is getting my calories in all in one meal without feeling too full, but I do like the fact that I can eat enough to be satisfied. The trick to that, I think, is to eat high fat, calorie dense food so that I can be sustained but not eat too much quantity.

That's the only concern that I had with doing keto and omad. I'm afraid that I wouldn't feel satisfied enough. I'm going to take your advice on what to eat. Would you care to share your recipes when you make them?

Here is one of my favorites

Chicken with Olives and Cauliflower
  • 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast
  • 1 bunch fresh thyme sprigs
  • 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
  • 1 shallot, finely chopped
  • 3 tablespoons olive oil
  • ½ teaspoon celtic sea salt
  • 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • zest of 1 lemon, use a microplane zester
  • ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
  • 1 cup Kalamata olives, pitted
  • 5 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
Instructions
  1. Rinse chicken breasts and pat dry with a paper towel
  2. Spread thyme sprigs evenly in the bottom of a 7 x 11 inch baking dish
  3. Place chicken over thyme sprigs and scatter cauliflower around chicken
  4. In a small bowl, combine shallot, olive oil, salt, pepper, lemon zest and juice, olives and garlic
  5. Pour mixture over chicken and cauliflower
  6. Refrigerate for at least one hour or overnight
  7. Bake at 400°F for 45-55 minutes, until chicken is cooked through and cauliflower is well browned
  8. Serve

I hope nobody minds if I drag out this old thread... I'm just starting Omad, but I've done LCHF off & on over the past 8 years... at first (in 2010), I lost about 70 lbs in about 6 months, but as I gave in to the carbs I've gradually gained back about 40 lbs... anyway, I'm determined to get rid of those 40 again, plus about 20 more... I'm confident I can combine low-carb with Omad & make it work... trouble is, I've got all these carby foods I just bought a few days ago, so until they're gone my Omad will be carb-ridden!.. :rolleyes:

For anyone wondering about combining Keto with Omad, Jimmy has a great post on the blog... (thanks Jimmy, you're an inspiration! :) )

I'll check back in on this thread when I get back to LCHF & let y'all know how it's going...

'Til then, hugs......
Fleming........:cool:

An update. I no longer do low carb. I have found it's not necessary as long as I do a clean fast. That means only black coffee or tea, water, or unflavored seltzer or mineral water. No sugar free drinks, non-caloric sweeteners, seltzer with essences, flavored coffee, sugar free mints, etc. I follow the advice in the book "Delay Don't Deny" by Gin Stephens. I fast clean for anywhere from 19-24 hours then eat my one meal. As soon as I finish my one meal I start my fast. I use the VORA app on my phone. After about the first 2 weeks I do get into ketosis every day by the time I eat my meal. I unknowingly was not doing a clean fast for the first couple of months, as I allowed myself to have LaCroix water and seltzer water with essences. (you can still have the The clean fast made all the difference in the world. No more hunger pangs and fasting is so much easier. The fact that I can have literally ANYTHING as long as it's in my fasting window has changed my life. I now enjoy every kind of food and have no restrictions. It is a way of life for me now, and has so many other benefits besides just weight loss. I also find that I am eating better quality food, as I tend to make better food choices. I no longer eat anything I don't consider worth waiting for, so no longer eat mindlessly. It has saved me a lot of money also, so I can afford to spend more on food, or spend more on a great meal out.

An update. I no longer do low carb. I have found it's not necessary as long as I do a clean fast. That means only black coffee or tea, water, or unflavored seltzer or mineral water. No sugar free drinks, non-caloric sweeteners, seltzer with essences, flavored coffee, sugar free mints, etc. I follow the advice in the book "Delay Don't Deny" by Gin Stephens. I fast clean for anywhere from 19-24 hours then eat my one meal. As soon as I finish my one meal I start my fast. I use the VORA app on my phone. After about the first 2 weeks I do get into ketosis every day by the time I eat my meal. I unknowingly was not doing a clean fast for the first couple of months, as I allowed myself to have LaCroix water and seltzer water with essences. (you can still have the The clean fast made all the difference in the world. No more hunger pangs and fasting is so much easier. The fact that I can have literally ANYTHING as long as it's in my fasting window has changed my life. I now enjoy every kind of food and have no restrictions. It is a way of life for me now, and has so many other benefits besides just weight loss. I also find that I am eating better quality food, as I tend to make better food choices. I no longer eat anything I don't consider worth waiting for, so no longer eat mindlessly. It has saved me a lot of money also, so I can afford to spend more on food, or spend more on a great meal out.

Hi there! Your post really resonated with me! I have been struggling with losing 20 pounds recently. Have tried low carb, and recently Keto. I would love to be able to just eat whatever I want (within reason, of course) in my open hour. I thought maybe I would just eat Keto for that one hour but perhaps I don't need to......

I'm only on OMAD now I find the diet for easy to follow and almost making it a lifestyle so I'm sticking to it for now and hoping I be able to sustain till I get to my desired weight.For newbies it isn't easy but it doable.

Here is one of my favorites

Chicken with Olives and Cauliflower
  • 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast
  • 1 bunch fresh thyme sprigs
  • 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
  • 1 shallot, finely chopped
  • 3 tablespoons olive oil
  • ½ teaspoon celtic sea salt
  • 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • zest of 1 lemon, use a microplane zester
  • ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
  • 1 cup Kalamata olives, pitted
  • 5 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
Instructions
  1. Rinse chicken breasts and pat dry with a paper towel
  2. Spread thyme sprigs evenly in the bottom of a 7 x 11 inch baking dish
  3. Place chicken over thyme sprigs and scatter cauliflower around chicken
  4. In a small bowl, combine shallot, olive oil, salt, pepper, lemon zest and juice, olives and garlic
  5. Pour mixture over chicken and cauliflower
  6. Refrigerate for at least one hour or overnight
  7. Bake at 400°F for 45-55 minutes, until chicken is cooked through and cauliflower is well browned
  8. Serve
Oh This one is my favorite too. I do Omad and Keto. Some says Keto is a diet with a lot of restrictions but for me it's okay. I like following rules and doing restrictions especially in my diet. This recipe is my most cooked recipe. I really like cauliflower so much.

At the moment, I am focusing on Omad as I see that as the best way not to feel distracted. This is not to say that combining keto and Omad won't give a better result, but so far, so good, Omad has been helpful to me.

I personally find that OMAD and keto go hand in hand. Going keto makes OMAD so much easier, particularly if you’re eating window is in the morning.

If you’re on a ketogenic diet, your blood sugar levels practically stay the same for every meal, which means you don’t feel tired or lethargic after a blood sugar spike the way you would with a high carb diet. Once you manage to enter the state of ketosis, you have more than enough energy burning the fat on your own body.

In that regard, it’s fantastic for people who eat first thing in the morning and fast throughout the day. That being said, I found that keto isn’t really necessary now that I eat in the evening.

I did OMAD while eating carbs for two months, without losing weight and without improving my bursitis, my knee pain, my nerve damage, my acid reflux, my sleep, little to nothing improved for me. Then I added going keto to that. In one week I dropped twelve pounds! (That was water retention.) Since then I've slowly dropped a pound a week. Within two weeks of going keto, my acid reflux was gone, so was my bursitis and knee pain. The nerve damage in my arm has improved so much it's almost gone. I sleep soundly the whole night through.

People are different, people respond differently to different things. It is not the case that one dietary regime will fit everyone equally, be that keto, OMAD, or other. For some people OMAD alone appears to keep them healthy. More power to them. Others are fine with just keto, though most keto practitioners combine that with at least a 16/8 intermittent fasting.

I am sticking with OMAD (and of course keto) for a number of reasons despite OMAD alone having little noticeable effect on my existing issues. I have read a lot of literature that suggests that giving your digestive system regular time off keeps it far healthier than having it constantly working. The question is still open as to how much autophagy is triggered with a mere 23 hour fast, but to the extent that it does, I want it. Finally OMAD I have found to be quite easy, especially when also doing keto. For instance I am right now on hour 55 of a fast, no food at all, and I am feeling zero hunger. Eating a single meal a day is a lot easier and less time than preparing and eating two or three.

For me at least, OMAD combined with Keto is the best of all worlds.