Starting OMAD

Hi,

I started OMAD a little over 2 weeks ago. Rough in the beginning, but I made it through the last two weeks. I am not weighing, but going by clothing size. I might change that later, but I have 80-90 lbs to lose and I don't think that seeing the scale shift will really help me, might hinder me. All my clothes seem to fit better this week, cravings for sugar have almost completely died. Not really interested in eating much before dinner. I eat at dinner with the family for my OMAD, this way they are not stressing about my not eating. Hardest part is not being able to talk to people. Everyone thinks I am "starving" myself and that this is unhealthy. Here to learn tips and advice. This is the first forum I have found that supports this type of diet.

Don't sweat what others think. When I first started omad I used to get the same type of people that would think I was doing harm to myself. These are the same type of people that will be the first ones to notice your weight loss and say "what type of diet are you doing?" and then they will be interested in doing it themselves. This is a great forum to learn from as there are many people here who are very supportive. Jimmy also has a library of very helpful articles on this website that do a good job of explaining omad.

Jimmy Swartz

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to the forums @Living for Jesus! I understand exactly what you are saying when you mention the perception of what others think of the omad diet. I went through this a lot when I first started and I still deal with naysayers today. I wrote an article titled "Should you tell others about your omad diet?" here https://omaddiet.com/should-you-tell-others-about-your-omad-diet/ that I think might be very helpful. I talk about the advantages and disadvantages of telling others about omad. Just remember, no matter what others say, you are always in control of your own success. Never let someone else dictate your happiness or achieving your goals in life.

I think that people’s perceptions about only eating one meal a day are always going to be something that we have to deal with, even though we look and feel better when we take care of our bodies.
It is a strange thing how that works.
No one fusses when we are overeating, and living on a diet of junk foods or eating at fast food places; but just try to do something healthy for yourself, and everyone is right there being concerned. I think that all of the advertising for eating several meals (and snacks) has a lot to do with how people think a person should eat.
Many places, this is how everyone eats, just because that is how they have always done it, and people are healthy having just one meal, and letting their body rest with fasting in between.
Welcome to the forum, @Living for Jesus , and we are here to give each other support on this journey.
If you have not already joined, there is also a Facebook group that goes with this forum and website. Look on the main page for the facebook link, and that will take you to the group page.

Welcome to OMAD, though I'm a relatively newbie myself (been on OMAD only once) I must say it was a wonderful experience!