Eating healthy with omad?

I feel like you could lose weight without eating healthy, but if you want to feel good and BE healthy, then I would try to eat a balanced diet. I am going slow with changing up the foods I eat. Well I shouldn't say changing the foods I eat, because I'm not restricting at the moment, but I'm eating the unhealthier foods less and trying to incorporate more of the healthier options. I fail sometimes and get a little overzealous at times causing me digestive upset, but with anything I think it's a balancing act.

Thanks. I've been eating unhealthy for a very long time. I do eventually want to eat healthy, but I don't have the discipline right now. I'm hoping I can lose some weight with omad first and then turn my attention to eating better.

It's not required, but you should try to eat healthy for your own long-term health. I still lose weight even if I don't eat healthy, but I also know I'm not doing my body any good.

I think it's important long-term but I also think exercise is as well. Since I've started walking I've never felt better.

I feel like you could lose weight without eating healthy, but if you want to feel good and BE healthy, then I would try to eat a balanced diet. I am going slow with changing up the foods I eat. Well I shouldn't say changing the foods I eat, because I'm not restricting at the moment, but I'm eating the unhealthier foods less and trying to incorporate more of the healthier options. I fail sometimes and get a little overzealous at times causing me digestive upset, but with anything I think it's a balancing act.[/QUOT

Hi Deanee,

To be honest, I've eaten so many different things since doing OMAD. I've had meal combos like pasta and homemade cheesy bread; wings, salad only meals; salad, soup, and entree; soup only meals like lentil, chicken noodle; I've had rice and beans with cornbread; salmon, broccoli, rice; and protein only meals (ground turkey and sauteed peppers or baked hot wings, etc).

Do I notice a difference on the scale the next day? Sure do. As expected the higher carb, higher sodium shows and increase in around .5 to 1 lbs. If I eat those heavy carb meals on consecutive days then I may show as much as 3-5 lbs increase depends on how much water my body is holding on to. I've followed those heavy carb days with moderate to low carb and the scale goes down.

So again, I eat with no restrictions but I am aware of the consequences too which may not be the same for everyone. Now, though it seems my body craves fewer carby foods and more nutrient-rich fruit and veggies so it's all panning out for me

Deanee, I pretty much eat whatever I'm craving. I usually do 6-8 ounces of either beef or chicken, a carb, and a veggie. I make sure I get some fats in there and if I'm feeling like sweets I have a few of the fun-size candy bars in my freezer and I'll take one or two out before I prep my meal so they can defrost. Most of the time I end up with a mostly balanced meal, and other times, lie last night I didn't have a veggie on the side.

I do count my calories though to make sure I'm getting in around 1200 calories a day. I'm afraid I wouldn't eat enough if I didn't count them.

Make a list of your favorite meals as you've always eaten them, then add in if anything is missing, for me that was usually veggies. I love cooking and only cook my one meal each night to avoid having leftovers which are dangerous for me, or like yesterday I made lasagna, but I bought small disposable pans and made 12 individual lasagnas that are about 714 each. That way I can pop them in the freezer and bake one when I want it. I also like doing this with meat sauce for pasta. I'll make a giant pot of it and then put a portion into a small freezer bag and then I have an easy meal one night if I make some pasta or garlic bread and a salad.

Ooh, and shepard's pie is a good one too. I think I'll make small pans of those next week. That gives you protein, veggie, and carb all in one dish. Add a small salad with veggies, cheese, and dressing to the side and that's dinner.

Planning meals was the hardest part for me in the beginning. It's getting much easier now.

I guess you also need to eat nutritious food even when on OMAD because the body needs a supply of nutrients. OMAD is a kind of diet that involves fasting. With the long hours of fasting, OMAD is effective in losing weight. However, the body is abused by fasting so it needs to be rejuvenated by eating nutritious food so replenish the lost energy.

I think a mix of both has been what I've been doing and it's been working so far and what I would say to anyone wondering about this is that eating healthily probably is the best way to go about it since you're only eating one meal a day so it's best to have it count and get your nutrients and vitamins in as much as possible, but even if you eat somewhat unhealthy food you will probably still lose weight as long as it is in the right amount and the sugar and carbohydrates aren't excessive.

I guess it's necessary to eat healthy foods even you're doing OMAD. Your goal is to lose weight, I think it's useless if you are having one meal a day but eating unhealthy foods. You got goal to be slim or to lose weight but you become unhealthy. I guess something's wrong with that. Though we have the habit of eating unhealthy foods because they taste undeniably delicious but if you promote a healthier body for yourself then you might as well eat healthy foods while having omad. It helps to lose weight in easy way while having a healthy body as well.

Do you feel you need to eat healthy to have weight loss with omad?

It's always important to eat healthy food and observe a good diet but in OMAD diet I don't think that you have to eat that healthy to lose weight because you only eat during your eating window and that means abstaining for 22-23 hours. This limits and cuts your food intake and that means lesser food is equals weight-loss. Although eventually when you've attained your desired weight you really need to eat healthy to maintain your weight and good health.

The o
Do you feel you need to eat healthy to have weight loss with omad?
The only good thing about OMAD is its flexibility. You only need to eat healthy. Eating a balanced diet is paramount. One has to have the food cooked in a way it retains its nutrients.

Taking water or other fluids is recommended. Exercise is also necessary. The golden rule is you eat one meal a day.

Well,I think it is necessary to eat healthily with or without OMAD,It mostly for our overall health. Eating healthy gives us the needed nutrients the body needs to grow, it will reduce health diseases, heart attacks some cancer and generally help in building the immune system and aids rapid weight loss.So eating healthily should be a priority.

I’d say absolutely yes.

The simple fact is that you’re not going to feel as good if you’re eating processed junk all the time. A lot of people fall for the idea that all calories are the same, but believe me, they’re not. Eating 1,000 calories of vegetables, whole grains, and lean meats for a meal is absolutely not the same as eating 1,000 calories of donuts.

I know that’s a bit of an exaggeration, but the point stands. You want to include nutritious, unprocessed, whole foods no matter what kind of diet you’re on. It’s especially important on OMAD because if you’re only fueling yourself once a day, you want to give yourself the best fuel you can get.